An Illegal Journey

Hello everyone, now by this time some of you are probably wondering why I don't just say "Kon'ichiwa minna!" Well for one, I cant spell it correctly and two some people might not know what it means. So to clear up all confusion I like to use al pure English words as much as I can.

I dedicate this chapter to nalu_hanna!

Please tell me how you like it in comments!

*********************************

Master's POV

He watched from the balcony as all his "children" were all scrambling about trying to help all those that were calling. The whole guild floor was turned into an infirmary, tabled moved aside and beds laid out for all the wounded. Looked sort of like a ginormous slumber party, but with the wailing, groaning and pain but it was no party.

Mira walked around with water and medicine like a waiter, while she barked orders to others to get more supplies. Grey was even freezing peoples wounds because they had ran out of bandages! Alzlac and Bisca were crying over Asuka as she was unconscious on her floor bed, as well as many others pained over the wounds of their family or friends. It was a gruesome sight indeed.

It was all his fault, this was his guild. He wasn't put as master for nothing and yet he couldn't even protect his children from three measly mages. He was really the one to blame for all of this.

"Oi, Gramps!" An all too familiar voice yelled.

He looked up to see Natsu running up the stairs in a huff.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?!" He snapped.

"We have to get back at those guys! Erza, Grey, Gajeel, me and Happy are going to get Wendy back!" Natsu jeered.

This statement took me back.

"Natsu! Didn't I tell not to go, that we couldn't win! I forbid you from going!" He swiped my arm across the tense air.

Natsu's face became rigid and confused.

"Yeah, but I have a team now that feels the same way I do!" He argued.

"I will not risk any more of my children to that guild. I'm sorry Natsu, you'll just have to wait until we recuperate and think of a real plan." He tuned my back to him, knowing he wouldn't take it well. But there was no sound from him, no complaint. Nothing. He just turned and walked back with an angry expression.

Natsu's POV

I couldn't believe Gramps wouldn't let us go on the mission! I was only thinking of Wendy, was I being selfish? I walked backdown the stairs to where the rest of the group was waiting for me. Erza was eating her cake like nothing had ever happened, Grey was lying on the ground in only his boxers, Gajeel was starring at an injured Levy across the room though he'd never admit it and Happy was looking at his fish not really in the mood for eating it.

"What did he say?" Erza asked looking up from her strawberry cake, now completely gone.

I froze, should I tell them the truth and wait? It would be so easy to say yes and just sneak out, besides Gramps has got plenty or workers and enough to worry about without us. And when we came back as victors when the guild is back up we would be heroes!

I took a breath and answered her simple question.

"He agreed! But we have to head out now!"

The group only slightly shocked with my answer started gathering their things, while I padded over to Lucy who was lying on a bed on the floor. Her forehead was dripping with beads of sweat and her breath was rigid.

I held her hand trying to ease her pain, that seamed to help a little because she smiled and relaxed somewhat. After a few minutes of just staring at her her breath returned to normal and it was time for me to go. I stood up from my crouching position and tried to slip my hand from Lucy's but even in her sleep she had a firm grim on it. I turned back down and whispered in her ear.

"I promise I will come back and I will always be there for you." With those few words her grip loosened and her hand fell back onto the sheets.

I meant every word I said, I would come back and this time I would protect her from people like them.

Striding up to the rest of the group, the resided at the front of the guild waiting only on me.

"I'm all fired up!" I chanted as we marched out of the guild.