i mean i might be rude at times, but i wasn't heartless and i had feelings too. 

i got my keys out the bowl on the table, and slid on some slides, and left the house, locking the door behind me. i cautiously crossed the street to his house and reluctantly knocked twice on the front door. no answer. 

i knocked three more times, but there was still silence. i rang the doorbell anxiously, losing my patience. my hands began to get profusely damp and i rolled my eyes.

"ugh, this nigga..." i murmured to myself. i actually tried, or attempted to, do something decent, but of course it doesn't work out. 

i turned on my heel, and just as i was about to walk away back to the comfort of my own living room, i heard the door creak loudly and i turned to see only isaiah's curly dark hair and eye poke out from behind the door.

his eyes had a light red tint in them, which either meant that he was still hazy from the weed, or he was crying. it might have been the second option, because his eyes looked a little glossy.

aww, shit.

"uh, hey." i muttered, looking everywhere but his face. looking at him would only make this harder.

isaiah simply looked down. he sniffled after a few moments. "h-hi." he whispered.

i took a step closer towards the door and i noticed how his body caved inwards, away from me. i bit my lip and looked at my hand. "um, i uh, brought some food... fried chicken, some noodles, lo mein, singapore, some fries..." i named an assortment of foods as my voice gradually got lower and lower. i don't know why i was feeling so nervous.

his eyes picked up from the ground and at me as i named the types of food i had, and he opened the door wider so that i could come in.

i took off my slides, leaving them at the door and walked towards the kitchen, placing the food down and i began to take the stuff out.

isaiah just sat down and quietly watched me as i separated what i've already eaten from the rest of the food. it was dead silent, and the only thing that could be heard were the faint noises and voices coming from the tv in the living room.

it was killing me.

"s-so..." i stumbled out. i shut my eyes tightly when i heard myself speak. what the fuck? get it together. "whea's yo' mom?" 

isaiah fiddled with his fingers. "out." 

"yo' sister?" i continued.

"gone." was all he said. i felt this subliminal pain with just a simple answer. though, i shrugged it off.

"where are... the plates?" i asked, fiddling with my dreads.

isaiah looked up at me briefly before pointing to one of the wooden cabinets over the stove. "in there."

i nodded and went to where he directed me and got out two plates and set them down at the table.

isaiah stood up from his chair and came back with three forks. he placed them down and began to reach for his plate, but without thinking, i snatched it away before he could grasp it.

he looked at me with confused and slightly glossy eyes. "w-what did y-you do--"

"shh, shh." i shushed him softly. "i gotchu. lemme do it." my own heart sped up at what i said. why... what? i was purely confused at own my actions. i was just doing, not thinking. but a part of me seemed not to care.

isaiah's eyes widened in shock and a small, barely noticeable smile began to creep on his face. "oh... o-okay. i-if you really want to--"

"i said i will. now what type of noodles you want?" i cut him off.