Chapter 15

We get to the station and I still can't stop thinking about Tom. I have just shut him out. I should of and I not regret that massively.
After we hand Harrison to the interrogation room, I call Tom.
"Tori I really don't wanna talk." He says bluntly.
"Where are you?" I ask.
"I don't want you following me either." He states.
"Nice one Tom but I'm a detective, I can track down your phone but this would be a much easier way." I say, smirking behind the words.
"I can tell your smiling at yourself but I'm not smiling a bit. Tori you've pushed me out of your life and yes, I'm very thankful for what you've done for my family but you've let me down." He says. I can hear an engine. He's in a car. Great.
"Tom can we talk tonight. Please?" I start to well up. I never cry...well, sometimes.
"Fine, at your house at 7." He abruptly hangs up the phone before I can say anything else.
"Wow." I whisper to myself. I put my phone in my pocket and head to the interrogation room.
"Harrison James Osterfield! Never thought I'd see you here!" I say as I sit down opposite him. He scoffed.
"Let's start of simple. Why did you do it?" I ask, clasping my hands calmly on the table.
"Do what?" He asks. I laugh.
"You're funny Harrison, your friend was too." I say. He jerks in his seat.
"If you want me to talk. You're gonna have to shut the fuck up about Jack." He states.
"Fine. It's just a method anyway."
"So. Why did you do it?" I continue.
"When I found out that you and Tom were dating I got very, very annoyed because i found out your full name and when Tom said "Gunn" I knew it was the 'Detective' that shot my best friend." He used quotation marks on the Detective and I was a little offended to be honest.
"But why Nikki. Why not go straight for me? Why tear down someone on Toms side when it was me?" I ask as I lean forward.
"Because I know how you work. You would do anything for anyone...well of course after the incident." He smirked.
"Get that smile off of your face and tell me why the hell you did it!" I slam the table. He chuckles.
"To year you down...I would tear down everyone around you." He says it very seriously and scarily.
"You know you've ruined my relationship with Tom?" I say getting up.
"Really?" He actually sounded concerned.
"Yup." I lean down to his ear from behind.
"I don't think he'll be visiting any time soon either." Harrison jerks in his seat again.
"Harrison. You are an abuser and clearly not mentally stable." I take the half's of the handcuffs that were attached to the chair. I put his hands together in the handcuffs again.
"You're going to jail." I say. He doesn't seem that mad about it. I walk him through and put him in the temporary jail cell.
"Worth it." He says as I start to walk away. I turn back.
"Know What was worth it?" I ask.
"Killing Jack." I give him a dirty look then slam the door behind me.
I lean up against the door. I start to sob.
"Tori?" Sophia comes and hugs me.
"Ugh," I wipe my eyes.
"I need to go talk to Tom now." I sniffed. I give Sophia a weak smile and she smiles back in empathy.
"Go get your man back. If you don't then call me and I'll bring all the ice-cream." She laughs. I giggle.
"Thanks Soph." I say. I grab my jacket then head to my car. I go to my house and Toms sitting on the steps. I already start to cry at the sight of him.
"Fuuuck." I whisper as I wipe my eyes. I get out my car.
"Hey." I say. I start to cry.
"Hey...hey! Shhh," he hugs me and I just let loose. I start sobbing into his shirt. We slowly make our ways into the house.
"I'm so sorry Tom I really am! I've been so fucking occupied with this investigation because it's been so long and I...I just love you so much I have no idea why I ghosted you then to drop the bombshell on you that Harrison did the shit to your mum because of me was just-" he stops me.
"What do you mean because of you?" He holds my shoulders.
"He did that stuff to your mum because Jack was his best friend. Jack my ex-boyfriend who kidnapped and raped me." I just blurt out. I feel a relief for some reason.
"But why to my mum?" He asks. I see his eyes well up.
"Because he knew the only way he could tear me down was to hurt everyone around me." I keep catching my breath on my tears.
"Oh my god," Tom hugs me.
"I am so sorry babe." He kisses my hair.
"I love you so much Tom." I weep into his shoulder.
"I love you too, you are never going to go through that again I promise," I nod.
"Thank you." I say, I cup his face.
"I fucking missed you." He says before passionately kissing me. I missed this too. How could I forget this?