episode 10: hitched without a hitch

"If you're someone who just found out you're about to be married to a complete stranger, I'm actually losing my mind right now," she answered.

The guy walked towards her as she sat upright. He sat next to her—where she was leaning towards before he came.

"Don't be shy, kitten," he said urging her to use him a cushion for her to lean on. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

This made Lisa roll her eyes at him as he was teasing her with the photo scandal.

"I get it. You didn't send those pictures. Can we let it go?"

His smile grew wide as he patted his chest.

"Come on, Lalisa Kim. I won't bite if you don't ask me to."

Lisa rolled her eyes before obliging. She leaned on his chest as she was caged by his arms. Then the deafening silence.

Aside from her twin brother and Yoongi, she hadn't done this with anyone. Oddly, it felt... right.

"So, what's your plan?" He broke the ice. "I mean, you should have one. Not unless you want to marry that Sehun guy."

"Well as you know, I currently just got single," she answered straightforwardly. "And he's a CEO. Handsome, has his way with words."

"But do you have feelings for him?"

"Feelings can be developed along the way," she said nonchalantly. "Besides, I couldn't do anything about it. Not unless I pull a runaway bride stunt which will seriously add up to my scandal pile. Plus, SS Group's into developing right now so we can definitely benefit with the apps they come up."

"You're really take this business thing seriously, huh," he stated. "Fierce, passionate and ambitious. Wow. You really are something."

Lisa looked up to him. "Compliments would get you nowhere."

"Got me somewhere last time," she said smugly and winked. "But as much as I admire you, you're not thinking smart right now."

This made Lisa raise an eyebrow.

"Are you insinuating that I'm stupid?"

"No, doll. You're one of the most intelligent people I know," he defended. "Intelligent but not smart. You need to think outside the box."

"What do you mean?"

Jungkook smirked as he tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ear.

"Con 101: There are tons of ways you could get what you want without compromising yourself."

💎

"So, Mr. Oh," Lisa said as she folded her arms over her chest. "What brings you here to my office? I believe YK is pretty far from SS."

And like what her grandmother said, she's currently back in YK sitting as the Chairman's representative for the time being. It was pretty convenient since Jin was busy with all the wedding preparations.

"Well I was wondering if you'd like to join me for lunch?" The handsome man was indeed on top of his charm game. The way he smiled would definitely make women melt into his arms.