Fuck.
When did I become like this.

"But I denied his invitation" I said looking at them.
Then back at Marcus.

"Thats why I said that you are coming as my date" he said then snaked his hand on my waist.

"Well then if you say so" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"But just an early warning I don't have any clothes meant for an engagement dinner.
And to be specific who and who will be there?" I asked looking at the people in my sitting room.

" I got you" Marcus said and I rose a brow.

"Like I said I got you" he said then went out if the house where malia rose and said that her job was done.

"You guys need help" I said when malia walked out of the living room leaving my apartment and right after she went out Marcus came in with him a hanger that had some dress which was covered in some dark material preventing me from seeing it or seeing the colour or even the design.

"How did you even know it was my size?" I asked taking it from his hand and placing it on the couch that was nearest to where I was standing.

"Malia was a big help" he said shrugging his shoulders.

He then dropped down in my couch and took the remote then started flipping through the channels.

Looking at him I wondered what a whole CEO was doing sitting down in my couch on a Friday  evening while flipping through channels

I often wondered if I dealt with kids in grown ass men bodies.

"And when is this thing starting?" I asked as I sat with him and went back to eating the cereal that I was previously eating.

"Its starting at eight PM.
You basically have like one hour and a half to get fully ready and we have a full thirty minutes drive if we are not hit by traffic" he said casually and looked at me unbothered.

Looking at him in disbelief I really wondered  if this was a grown ass.

"Seriously Ana every day I have to reach the office before others just because I'm the boss and I leave after others to make sure everything is in order.
So cut me some slacks if you think that I'm acting irresponsible.
It's the only time I get" he said then ushered me to go get ready.

After wasting ten minutes of us going back and forth after I told him to get a damn assistant and swallow his ego.

He still refused and told me to go shower and stop telling him how to handle his business.

That did it and I did leave because I knew  that I was wasting my breath and time.

Rolling my eyes I left this stranger in my living room and took the newly given dress with me in my room.

It took me a full hour to finish showering and make up alone.
I still had not even zipped down the material  covering the dress.

I was yet to choose shoes and I was still contemplating if I would wear closed or open heels.

I was also disarraging my makeup but as long as my face looked like a job done by an expert and I made sure not to keep just too much.

I was also yet to choose a lipstick to wear because I still had not seen the colour of this dress and I felt that lipgloss would just be too little for such a dinner.

When I finally did see the dress my breath almost left me for a minute but it did leave for a second.

Hold shit red never looked so sexy.
When I lifted the handle up I saw that it was really long and that probably the mermaid tail was rolled twice on the hanger to keep it from touching the floor.