Chapter twenty-eight

Third pov

A week went by before Will agreed to come back to the Cullen house. As usual she stayed close to Caius. It worked pretty well since he calmed her down and she made him less hostile.

The the relationship between the queen and the mind reader got more and more strained as time went on. The queen was at her breaking point with him constantly trying to push into her head. It took two weeks for her to act on her anger.

Will pov

The constant pushing and proding inside my head made me want to break something. Preferably Edward Cullen.

Jesus, doesn't this kid know when to stop?

The growl I've been trying to hold back broke through as he continued trying to get into my head. He looked surprised for a moment before composing himself.

Marcus placed a hand on my back. "My dear, is everything okay?" The growl rises slightly in volume and my glare settles on the Cullen boy and he looks uncomfortable. "I have spent over a week feeling you poking around inside my mind. If you don't knock it off now, i will hurt you."

He took on an offended look.
"I have no idea what you're talking about."

My eyes narrowed and my tone darkened. "Do not lie to me. That is an insult i will not take from someone so stupid that he can't even turn the girl he supposedly wants to spend his undead life with." I took a great deal of pleasure in the dropped jaw. In my peripheral i see Carlisle about to start his normal peace talk. He'd used it often between the Volturi guard and his family the last week. "And i don't want to hear another one of your speeches Carlisle." He froze where he stood. "I am sick and tired of the 'holier than thou' attitude. As far as I'm concerned you and your asshole son is responsible for more deaths than you want to admit."

"How would you know that?" The big bear like guy asked.

"If he had done his job as your clan leader then Victoria wouldn't have started an army. There is at least eighty lives right there. Now add all the humans we fed from. Where does that leave you?" Everyone in the Cullen family had gone quiet. My mates look proud as do the guard we have with us. I give Marcus a small smile. "I'll be in the garden."

Third pov

Esme waited a moment before following the young girl into the garden. She smiled softly as she saw her sitting in one of the garden chairs. "How are you feeling?" The newborn shrugged. Esme smiled. "You don't have to, but i could use some help planting a few flowers i recently bought. If you're interested." She offered. Will looked at her. "I don't know how to plant flowers..." Esme's smile brightened. "That's okay, i can show you."

I'm thinking about trying to get more flashbacks of her human lives into the story, would you guys like that?

Vote and tell me what you think :)