Chapter nine

Will's pov (continues from last chapter with her)

The hisses and growls sounded like applauses. Everyone was with him except me, Bree and i guess Fred. After what i saw them do to Diego i knew every promise he made was a lie. It had to be, why would he do that to his most trusted man otherwise?

Worry for what awaits us twist in my gut.

"But we need to do this together. Today we will be going through fighting techniques. As soon as it gets dark we will start. I want you to train hard, without losing focus. I am not goig to lose a single clan member! We need each other, everyone. I will not tolerate stupidity anymore. If you think you don't need to listen to me, you're wrong." He hesitated a moment before his expression changed. "And you will realize how wrong you are when i take you to her," A collective shiver went through everyone at the mention of our maker. I slowly sink down behind the couch, a slight surprise as no one looked my way, i begin feeling a little sick. Well as sick as a vampire can get anyway. "..... and hold you still while she rips your arms and legs of, slowly, slowly, burns off your fingers, ears, lips, tongue and every other excess body parts one after one." Everyone had had at least one body part ripped off, and everyone had burned as they changed.

It wasn't to hard to imagine the pain. Especially not for me as i had to watch, a sudden extreme hope for Diego to be okay made me look at Bree.

Something in the two of them had made an obvious change after the night they had went of to the book store together. I knew it was weird but i always felt protective over Bree. She was smaller than me and more timid. She felt like the little sister I've always wanted as a kid.

"Now, we will dived into smaller groups to make working easier." Riley said. "Kristie, Raoul, gather your gangs and divide the rest. No fighting! Show me you can do this." He left the two, ignoring the fact that they almost immediately started fighting, and went in a wide cirkle around the walls.

He patted the shoulders of vampires, gently moving the in the direction of one of the leaders. Soon he reached the couch. He seemed to strain himself. "Bree?" Bree went still before moving slightly. His voice went softer. "Bree?" His voice got even quieter. "Diego wanted me to give you a message. He said to tell you it's a ninja thing. Do you know what that means?"

Bree seemed a little happier immediately. "Diego?"

He smiled a little. "Can we talk?" He nodded towards the door. "The whole first floor is dark and safe." She followed him through the door.

Kristie and Raoul argued until everyone had a group. Riley and Bree came back. The last hours until sundown everyone except me, Bree and Fred trained. I sat sketching behind the couch while Bree and Fred played cards. I had no want or need to train with them. Even if i had to fight my plan was to get Bree to Diego and for them to flee.

I knew that Riley would realize if i went missing. I'm not like Fred, i can't hide like he does. The only thing even remotely good defense i have was that i'm quiet.

The closer we get to sundown the more fights break out, at least Riley took all the lighters this time.

The thirst grew immensely as Riley wouldn't let his army rest for three days and three nights. More and more fights broke out, limbs got ripped off and Riley was quickly there to separate people, and return limbs to their respective owners.

He had much better control than i thought he would have. He even managed to keep his temper in control. Everything he was teaching was being repeated until it became annoying. Work together, watch your back, don't attack from the front.
It was the same way he had made us terrified of the sun. Repetition.