Well, I wouldn't say listening in....

I'm....

Listening to one's conversation who's voice is accessible to others without them knowing.

...

Yeah!

"Coach, I promise you, we know of your rules and we would never break them to hurt the team. Please, just give us a chance." My heart instantly tightens as I make out Damien's angelic voice.

"I know Damien, you two are great kids, but if the others on the team knew that you wouldn't be punished for breaking a rule, then what am I as a Coach? The rules are there for a reason,  I just didn't expect that you two would be the ones to break it."

"We just tried to stop an argument though! I don't know what Tessa told you, but it's not true! Ask anyone! A witness!" Luke pleads to the principal.

"I'm sorry, but causing a ruckus for your fellow students and staff in the cafeteria does result in-..."

"It was my fault!"

I couldn't stop myself.

It just came out before I was aware of what I was even thinking.

It was almost like a blur.

A blur that I instantly regretted about five seconds after I said it.

All four of them quickly turn their attention on me as I nervously fiddle with my fingers under their stares.

"What?" My dad's voice is the first to break the silence.

His voice was stern, yet confused, but he had a soft look in his eyes.

I quickly scan my eyes over the principal and Luke, who looked at me with nothing but confusion.

And then, I look towards him as we make direct eye contact, his eyes burning into mine, as I shift my weight from one first to another out of nervousness.

Damien.

His hands were on both sides of the chair as he straightened his sitting position, while slightly tilting his head looking at me.

After I realized I was starting to stare, I quickly turn back towards the principal, who was looking at me intensely.

"Miss Amber, I'm sorry but you were not brought up once in any of the conversations that I had, care to explain why you would barge in all of a sudden and demand this whole ordeal your fault?" The principals demands, looking frustrated as if he was finally starting to have the problem under control.

Which actually, he clearly didn't have it "under control" because the person who did it is back in class...

... or with a guy in a janitors closet (Just sayin)

With no punishment.

The principal starts to tap on his desk out of impatience as I quickly rack my brain for any reason why the whole fight would be my fault.