Life With The Ex, Twelve: It's No Longer Just Us.

Hashim's POV.

I quickly run to the porch to avoid getting soaked by the rain. It has been raining for a while, I waited in the car to see if it might subside but it didn't, so I decided not to wait any longer. I had to leave my laptop, files and folders in the car so they wouldn't get wet. Now I understand what Mustapha (his brother) meant when he said I shouldn't make my garage far from the main house.

I remove my Hermès flats when they almost landed me on the floor because of the wet tiles. I open the door and felt a cold breeze hit me.
I walk in and drop my shoes by the door before closing it. I could tell the Air conditioner was on because the house was freezing cold. I keep my car keys on the console in the passage before walking in the parlor only to see him....Mansur.

He is close friends with Nafisa but everyone knew he liked her but it's like she's in denial because she gets angry anytime I try to tell her that he likes her.
   She looks at me with an irritated expression before turning back to him. She was still angry at me for trying to get Muhibba a job in the same company she worked. I just thought it might keep Muhibba off her case and because Muhibba also wanted to work with celebrities and high class people and I thought since my wife works there it would be easier but I was wrong.

   And now this man is here in my living room with my wife, holding my baby girl in his arms like she's his. I force a smile.
"You're here. It's good to see you" I lie.

"You too" he says coldly.

    He comes to my house and he can't even address me properly. He probably hates me for landing the girl he loves, Well that's too bad because she and I are far from separating.
    I sit beside Nafisa. I hold her hand and feel her tense up. She is still angry, I tried all I could but it doesn't seem like she'll let it go, at least for now. She always forgives me anyway so there is no point in getting upset but I have to be honest I hate when she starts the silent treatment.

   "So I heard from Tahir (Hashim's brother) that you got a promotion last week"
Mansur says with a smirk.
    Nafisa turns out and gives me a death glare. I didn't tell her because the mood wasn't right, I didn't know how to tell her.
    "Yeah. It's good that people know and I don't, right?" She asks sarcastically through gritted teeth.

"Well..sometimes you can't be too selfish and destroy people's moods" I reply back.
    "I think she's asleep" He says adjusting the bow on Anissa's head.
"Let me get her to bed" Nafisa says as he hands Anisa to her. She gently walks upstairs with my baby girl in her arms.

"It seems so tense here, what happened?"
"I don't see how that's any of your business" I answer back.

"Nigerians..."he laughs "They never think you ask because you are worried".
"Why should they?" I say back getting angrier by the second "I think you should leave, the rain has subsided".

"Okay" he gets up "By the way....Kabir is a little worried his sister has been acting off lately. I just hope it's not ending, I meant what we all thought was special. And I don't think this time your inheritance is something that can fix it"

    Oh lord! If Nafisa hadn't come in at that exact moment I would have punched the teeth right out of his ugly face. He was talking about our marriage. I wish he'd just keep in mind that this...our marriage, will last a lifetime.

   "You're leaving?" She asks.
"Yeah. Give a kiss to chichi when she wakes up"

   Chuchu?
   Is he referring to my daughter as Chuchu?

She smiles "Thank you for coming, I'll see you next week"
"Alright then....bye"

She walks him to the door and comes back in.
"Chuchu? Why is he calling my daughter Chuchu?"