Chapter 1: Red like Roses. I'm going to Beacon?!

POV Ruby

As I visit my mother's grave, I tell her about what has happened since I last visited.

Ruby(in mind): "Hi, mom, it's me, Ruby... It was my 15th birthday a while ago, and Thorn was nice enough to bake me lots of cookies. He even made me a cookie-shaped cake, it tasted delicious... I wish you could have met him, you would have loved to have him as your son/nephew..."

Just then, I'm surrounded by Beowolves, though they don't have masks on... Doesn't matter, I gotta deal with them like the others. I take out Crescent Rose and start hacking and slashing at them, easily killing them.

Once they are all defeated, I go back to tell Mom that I'll talk to her later, and then I proceed to go to town for some dust that I'll need for a project at school.... And maybe look around the weapons magazines.

Time skip

Ages:

Ruby: 15

Yang: 17

Thorn: 16

POV Thorn

POV Thorn

Thorn (mind): "It's been 9 years since I was taken in as a member of the family, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I got a caring father, a kind uncle, and two cousins I'm so close to, they are like sisters to me... Heck of alot better then the "family" I had before. Plus, thanks to dad, I was able to work on my semblance a bit, which it seems to be grimm manipulation, as in I can create grimm and control the ones I summon. And it seems like Shadow is a Variant of a grimm beowolf, it seems that alot of grimm evolve differently depending on what situation they were in when they were created. It seems, since I needed help and a friend, Shadow was created with healing properties... Now if only his healing can be permanent... Though I already know why it's not permanent... Hopefully, Ruby and Yang didn't see the markings before they healed up... Knowing them, they'd track down my old family and murder them *chuckles alittle* what I wouldn't pay to see them kick their asses..."

????: *Loudly* "Hey, Thorn. You out here?"

Thorn: "hang on, I'll be right there, Uncle."

I then jumped off the branch I was on and made my way to the house, where Uncle Tai was at.

Taiyang: "hey, Thorn, sorry about this, but think you can go pick up Ruby? I forgot I had a school meeting today, so I won't be able to get Ruby from the store, and Yang seems to be busy with something, she rarely tells me about these things."