Chapter 1

Hi this is my first book I've written on here. Hope you like it. I'm not gonna write the copyright thing so please don't copy and also comment,vote and share.

To the side is Aliyah

**Aliyah P.O.V**

I hear the alarm blaring, waking me up from a deep sleep. I faintly hear my mom calling me and try to control my irritation as I wake up. I take a quick shower and go downstairs. I mumble a "good morning" and as usual don't get one in return. I didn't expect one though. Since my dad died 3 years ago, my mom and I haven't gotten along very well. She punishes me just because I look like my dad. I've tried not to let it get to me, even though it's irritating. I miss my father dearly, and if this is my mom's way of dealing with her grief then so be it.

Driving away to school I meet my only friend Ayan. Ayan and I have been friends since preschool.

"Hey Aliyah how are things at home?" She asks.

''Everything is the same as usual," I reply with a forced smile.

We went to math, my favorite subject. Class just started and James just came in. Ugh I hate this. James is the school bully and we hate each other. Even thought hate is a bug word, it was true.

The teacher assigns our spot and I'm sitting between James and a guy I don't even know. We take a test and I think I did pretty good on it.

When it's the last minute of class James pushes me to a chair and calls me a nerd. I didn't care anymore because I love that I'm smart.

I meet with Ayan by door. We say our goodbyes to each other. I go to my car and go home. When I get inside, my mom is in the kitchen. She is talking to someone. I don't who is but I will ask her when she's done maybe if I'm lucky she will answer.

I go to my room and start reading. That always calms me down. Whenever my mom and I would fight, I'd always come to my room and read. It lets me get over whatever is going on in the real world and just enjoy my imagination.

"Aliyah come downstairs now," my mom calls me.

I just know I have to wash the dishes ugh. When will I even have time for homework? My mom is more focused on house chores, then on my studies. When I get downstairs, my mom is standing in the kitchen.

''I have to tell you something, '' she says cutting right to the chase.

"I am all ears," I say

''I was thinking about getting you married."

I just stand there shocked. I didn't think it would be something like this.

''No mom I can't it's too much I can't handle it. I'm too young for that."

''You're marrying and that's final," she says while leaving the kitchen, leaving no room for discussion.

Why did I even say something? It's not like I even have a choice. She basically controls every aspect of my life.

I follow her to the living room.

''So mom when is the wedding?" I ask trying to make conversation.

''I really don't know."

Ugh why is she doing this to me? Asking me to marry someone and she doesn't even know when the wedding is. She probably doesn't even know who the family is, but I know that would be silly she wouldn't don that. Wouldn't  she ?

''But what I know is that you're going to
Boston because that's where you future husband lives," She says and leaves without so much as a glance my way.

*************************

Short chapter so please comment,vote and share. Thank you!