Chapter 24: We 're not meant to be/ Talk that talk

Emma's pov

If only you know how hard my heart is beating right now! What if this turns out to be a disaster? The anticipation of what is ahead of me is killing me badly. Every step I take is like me digging my grave. If you should ask me how I managed to arrive here, I wouldn't be able to describe anything. I check my watch and see that he's five minutes late. What can be possibly keeping him? Did he have second thoughts about coming and just decided to ditch me? I start pacing around due to anxiety and only relax when I notice a figure approaching me. "I am so sorry I am late. There was a traffic jam." He says. "It's no problem." This is sure a relief to know that he didn't try to ditch me. "Don't I get a welcome hug?" He pouts. "Oops, I almost forgot." I hug him and peck him on both cheeks.

After exchanging greetings, I decide to go straight to the point. I guess Charlie was thinking the same because we said at the same time "I want us to talk about our relationship." We blush furiously when we realise the same thing was going through our head. "I think you should begin." I state. "What about ladies first?" He adds like the smart pants he is. "It doesn't matter." I reply. "If you say so." He chimes. "Can you stop stallimg and just go straight to the point?" I comment. "Do you think it's easy for me?" When he notices I am not going to spit back any words, he clears his throat "I want us to end what ever is going between us. We are not meant to be in a relationship but to be friends." "Why would you say something like that?" The curious side of me asks. "Because you are in love with Nicholas the way he's in with you. I don't want to keep Nick from finally getting his happiness. I knew you both had an attraction from the beginning but I thought it was just a dillusion but I guess I was wrong." He answers. "Wow!" Is that all you can freaking say you dumbo? "Am so sorry! That came out wrong. I meant to say I guess you are right! I always liked him but just ignored it because he was being a jerk."

"Nick is always like that at the beginning. So I was thinking we could remain being friends coz I don't think I can handle completely losing you." He states. "Me too. I don't want to lose you too because you mean a lot to me. You are like the brother I have always wanted and I hope you find a girl who would love you for who you are." I say and embrace him. "I hope so too." He whispers in my ear. Well that went well! Charlie and I hang out for about another hour and afterwards, I bade him goodbye and kiss him on both cheeks. After I leave him, I make a three way call with Lana and Fabio. "What's up girl? I haven't seen you since the beginning of this week at the office!" Fabio remarks. "Emmie, I don't think it's such a good idea skipping work for no reason." Lana plays the motherly role. "Yeah yeah yeah! I didn't skip! I just took a week off. By the way, I just broke up with Charlie." I inform them. "Awww, my baby just got her first heartbreak." Cooes Lara while Fabio screams "I am going to teach that murdafacker a lesson for breaking up with you! I am so gonna beat his ass up!" "I broke up with him btw and Fabio, how can you beat him when you can't harm a single fly?" I tease both of them. "Hahahaha very funny!" He retorts. "As you probably know, I am heart broken well not really! As I was saying, I need both of you to come over and cheer me up because I feel so depressed. I am thinking of us binging on ice cream and stuffing our face with rom com. That's if it's okay for both of you." I say. They both agree to come over later in the day and I end the call. I head off to Walmart to go do the groceries. A lot of food is going to be needed for our sleepover. I wonder how Nicho is fairing with breaking up with the Queen of Barbie land. I push my thoughts behind me, grab a shopping trolley and proceed to the entrance of the supermarket.

Nicholas Taylor's pov

This day has been the most aggrivating day ever. All I want to do is wash out the memory of me meeting Vicky today. She is a very cunning person. Breaking up with her feels like the worst idea in history. I meant to feel relieved due to ending things with her. However, all I can feel is torture! Like someone is after me more like haunting me down. You are probably like what the fuck is this el fucka talking about so I will be nice enough to show you what am talking about.