Chapter 18: Hint of Jealousy

Emma's pov

Sunday was basically a really uneventful day for me. I sent Nicholas his schedules per e-mail. I couldn't stand seeing him after what happened during the date. All I did yesterday was the regular pig out on junk food and watching Pretty Little Liars. That Serie is so inspiring. It's at times really confusing because one minute you think a suspicious person is the killer, then suddenly the person dies and things just become more complicated.

My phone vibrates and it's a message from Charlie. He wants us to meet. I text him saying am still at work. A few minutes later, a reply comes and he wants me to ask Nicholas for permission to go home earlier than usual. I promise to ask and send him a reply if I am able to get off work. I leave my office and head for Nicholas's office. I knock and enter when he says "please come in".

          Nicholas Taylor's pov

"Why are you here, Emma?" I ask her. "I wanted to ask you, if I could leave work earlier than usual." she answers. "Why do you need to leave earlier?" I question curiously. 'Curiousity killed the stupid cat so don't be surprised if you get killed.'  "Do you really want to know?" she replies back with a question. I wonder why she needs to leave earlier. What could be the reason behind it? "Yes, I really want to know." I state. She shyly says "The thing is that Charlie wants to take me out on a date and said I should ask you if I could leave earlier."

What the fuck? There's no way I am letting her go on a date with Charlie! I am going to make her stay behind. Sorry Charlie but desperate actions call for desperate measures. "Sorry but you can't go. We have to start working on the IBEC project and there's no time to fool around with my best friend." I answer in a cold tone. "But we still have a month to work on it!" she whines. "I don't fucking care! This is your duty as my personal assistant." I state harshly. "Just stop lying! The only reason why I am not allowed to leave, is because you don't want me to go out with Charlie." she screams. "Give me a good reason why I should lie and not want you to go out with Charlie!" I demand.

"Because you 're jealous! You 're not man enough to ask me out. Charlie did so you 're trying your best to pull us apart and have revenge." she exclaims. Fuck! She just read me like an open book. "That's not true. I rather pick Vicky over you anytime of the day. Now I know why you never had a boyfriend! It's probably because you 're too stupid and people knew that virgins are clingy and last time I checked, you were still one. I can't like you because you 're a piece of trash and not up to my level." I denie bitterly. 'You were born to be a liar! tsk!!!!'  my subconscious taunts me. It pains me having to break her heart. However, it's for the best and the only to save her from a heart break in the future. "I can't believe you just said that to my face. Fine, I will cancel my date with Charlie! But you must know that I will forever despise you because of what you just said." she states and storms out of my office.

My life is so fucked up. First of all, I haven't been laid since Vicky came back. I was expecting yesterday but she turned me down saying she had to pack her stuffs for her journey. She's currently in France for Paris fashion week. I feel like everything in my life is becoming horrible. I am so confused at the moment.

                   Emma's pov

I called Charlie and explained the reason why we couldn't meet. He sounded really hurt. His parting words were "It's a shame we can't meet, Emma." I don't really care about him. All I feel for him is guilt because I am leading him on. The thing is I don't mind that he doesn't like me. What hurt me so much was being called a piece of trash! A few tears flow down freely and I quickly wipe them off. I can't cry for a man.

Lana texts me asking if we could meet and I text back am busy at work. She texts back saying she doesn't want to be friends anymore. She says I have broken our oath. That I have forgotten her and that whenever we talk, we are always talking about Fabio, Nicholas and myself. She said she's disappointed in me and doesn't ever want to see me again. I just couldn't hold the tears back. I just let it flow freely. I am basically losing all the people I have and there's nothing I can do about it. This makes me think a lot! Most times I wonder if l made the right choice accepting this job.

-------------------------------
New update! Hope you guys loved it although it was sad. One question: do you think Nicholas made the right choice and why does he keep on saying he's saving her from a future heart break? Pls vote, comment and help support me.

Nicholas: I so hate you for making that douche move acyrace!

Acyrace: Hey! Life's never fair! *I run away for my life after giving a flimsy excuse of an answer*

Emma: We 're going to get her when she least expects!

love ya!

am out of here!