Chapter 22 - Long time no see... (PART 1)

1 WEEK LATER - (Sat, 28 January 2023)

Aurora's POV

I haven't seen much of Dante these days, he said that since Steph was back they were busy as Steph had them all work their asses off but Dante promised we would spend tonight together as he has planned a dinner for us because he has some things to discuss with me. I figured it has something to do with Maddie because when I asked him if it's about us and if we're okay, his response was, that we're better than okay and that I shouldn't worry myself about that because his committed to me for life and that he loves me and misses me more than I know.

That eased my mind a bit but the fact that he sounded so serious about the talk had me freaked the fuck out. So I went to see Kiara and luckily for me, Steph happened to walk in on our little conversation and had clarified everything for me. It would seem that Dante has a hard time facing Maddie, he has taken all the jobs that needed to be done, including collections, something that isn't even in his job description. He also took Steph's job in going into the office of Romano Industries, their legal empire that specializes in armory. He keeps himself busy with work, everything to avoid having the time to face Maddie.

Steph said that he had tried to speak to him and so did Gio but all they would get is his attitude or him starting an argument with them about how they don't understand what his going through, how they can't possibly understand why he can't man up and face her after what she did to him. I understand why he finds it difficult to go down there and face her, if he didn't and killed her the same day she was locked up, then he wouldn't be a Romano, he wouldn't be the man I love, but Steph is right, they can't keep her down there forever, if his not willing to face her then he should allow someone else to deal with her but that's a no to from Dante. He doesn't want anyone near her and they're respecting his wishes.

So this morning I decided that I would go by the apartment, pack up the rest of things while at the same time I get to check in on Zee, I did text her to tell her that I'll be coming by before lunch and asked her if we could have lunch together and catch up, and she surprisingly said yes. So here I am on my way to the apartment in Dante's white Range Rover, he had told me that I could use it to get to and from work Monday morning because I refused to be driven around with guards as I'm not a royal or in Kiara's case, a Donna, so I refused that because I hate attracting that kind of attention, not to mention if I do that, then I'll become a Mafia target too and let's just say I'm not quite ready for that just yet, even though I know it's inevitable seeing that I'm dating the Capo Bastone.

But for now though I'll just roll around in this beauty, while at the same time put Dante's mind at ease as he told me he'll feel better knowing I'm driving his car, as it's bulletproof and has trackers in as well so he'll know exactly where to fi...

But for now though I'll just roll around in this beauty, while at the same time put Dante's mind at ease as he told me he'll feel better knowing I'm driving his car, as it's bulletproof and has trackers in as well so he'll know exactly where to find me, if I'm not at home. Of course I laughed at that because the normal thing to do is to call the person if you don't find them at home, but of course I'm not dating a normal guy, so I just laughed it off and excepted the keys and man do, I love driving this thing! As soon as I pulled up to the apartment building, there was no parking, so I turned the car around and drove to the parking lot across from the apartment building.