Just a Dare

Sal POV

"I could break your frail body over my knee, blue boy."he said, glaring at me.

"But you won't."I replied.

I grabbed the bottle out of his hands, tossing it in the recycling.

"I'm going back inside."I said, turning away from him.

Jake and I walked back inside, his fake smile plastered on his face.

"Hey, what took you so long?"Travis asked smiling.

"Jake had some issues with throwing out the bottle."I answered.

He looked at me and for a second there was an icy cold light in his eyes. But then he smiled, and he laughed.

"Sorry, I'm a bit of a clutz."he said, rubbing the back of his head."Who's turn is it?"

"It's Sal's."Larry replied, as Ash braided his hair.

"Okay Truth or Dare, Ash?"I asked, smiling at her.

"Dare."she answered, smiling back.

"I dare you to balance a stack of plastic plates on your head for the next five minutes."I said.

"Okay?"Ash said, looking at me quizzically as she went to grab the plates.

Larry set a timer on his phone as she placed a stack of twenty on her head. We continued on with the game, Ash preoccupied with the plates.

"It's your turn, Jake."I said, a sour taste left in my mouth from saying his name.

"Okay, Sal. Truth or Dare?"he questioned.

"Dare."I replied.

"I dare you to take off your mask."he said, a smile on his face.

But that smile was not the smile Ash had given me, but a cold, mischievous smile, far from playful.

Travis looked at me, and took hold of my hand.

"Yeah, that's a no."Travis replied."Sure, we'll balance a few plates on our heads, maybe share a secret or two. But that's a bit too much."

"C'mon, it's just a dare. Is it that bad?"Jake said, laughing.

"Jake, that's enough."Larry said, turning towards him.

"Geez. Lighten up a bit, will ya?"Jake replied."Ok, who's turn is it?"

The timer went off and Ash took the plates off her head. The rest of the game wasn't as fun. It seemed as if the dare had made the playful environment uncomfortable. Maybe if I wasn't so extremely repulsive to look at, things would've been different. But I have to deal with what's behind the mask, whether I'd like to or not.

Andddddd that's the end of the chapter! That's probably all for today so I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!