Ferris Wheel

Travis POV

Sal and I went on a few more rides, and they were all pretty boring. Sal was cold and distant and he wouldn't answer any of my questions. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. What did I say? What did I do wrong?

"It's getting late Sal, let's pick one last ride."I said cheerfully trying to lighten the mood.

We had been at the amusement park for hours, it was so dark. I checked my watch to see that the time was 11:45.

"I don't care which one we go on."Sal replied emotionlessly.

"Do you wanna go on the Ferris wheel?"I asked.

"Sure."Sal answered, not making eye contact with me.

"Well we should probably get on it then."I chuckled."The park closes at Midnight."

We walked silently over to the Ferris Wheel, not having to wait in line. Sal kept a good distance from me as we stepped into a small pod, that had a booth on two of the sides, with exits on the other sides.

"Enjoy your ride!"The worker said drowsily.

We started to go up, so high that you could see the whole park. The stars were especially beautiful. So many stars. I looked over at Sal, he was playing with a strand of his hair. It hurt me to see him like this. I hurt him. What did I do? What did I say?

"Sal, what's wrong?"I asked.

"You wouldn't understand. Are we close to the ground?"Sal said looking over the edge of the Ferris Wheel and then jumping back.

He was shaking, and was gripping the side tightly.

"Why are we so high up?"Sal inquired, shaking.

"It's a Ferris Wheel, dummy."I joked.

Sal suddenly got up and ran over to my side. He cuddled up really close to me and closed his eyes, still shaking.

"Are you scared of heights?"I questioned, playing with a strand of his hair.

"N-No!"Sal squeaked."Is the ride over yet?"

"No."I replied.

"Ok, I'll just close my eyes until it's over."Sal said covering his eye holes on his mask with his hands.

He was shivering, trying to find a way to be warmer. I looked down at what I was wearing and then at Sal. I had forgotten that I had slipped a blue sweatshirt on before we left. I started to take it off.

"What are you doing?"Sal asked uncovering his eyes.

I wrapped the sweatshirt around him, pulling him even close to me.

"There."I said.

"But then you'll be cold."Sal replied, sadly.

"Don't worry about it."I answered."Your cuddles will keep me warm."

Sal looked away so, I tilted his face back towards me.

"You look so much cuter without your mask."I said unbuckling the straps, and placing it beside me.

I leaned in closer to Sal, our lips only a few centimeters apart. I could feel his breathing against my lips, and I could hear his heart beat. I got even closer, now only a centimeter apart and then I playfully booped his nose, laughing.

"Travis!"Sal squealed flustered."You can't just do that!"

"Do what?"I asked.

"Just give me my mask. I'm a blushing mess right now."Sal replied sticking his hand out.

"Ok."I said, picking up the mask, and putting it out in front of me.

"Tha-"Sal said before I pulled the mask out of his reach and above my head.

"Hey! Give it back!"Sal said trying to swipe at it.

He put his full body on top of the seat, leaning over me to try and take the mask. I wrapped my arms around his gentle figure and pulled him down on top of me, our noses touching.

"Hey blueberry."I said flirtatiously, looking into his eyes.

Sal grabbed the mask, putting it back on quicker than I've ever seen him do it before.

"You can't just do those things, Trav."Sal said turning away.

The ride was almost at the bottom now, when we got off, it was like nothing had changed. Sal still hated me. I checked my watch. It was Midnight.

Ok, so 2k reads?!!?!!? Thank you so much! I may not be able to keep up with a daily schedule for this book, but I'll strive to get something out each day, even if it's just a short chapter. I'm writing this at 3:02 a.m, so yeah. Today is National Grain Free Day, National Cherry Pie Day, and National Love Your Pet Day! Thanks for reading! Have a good day!