Travis was here

Travis POV

I started saying goodbye to everyone. Going around the room and giving awkward side hugs with slurred, tired words in return from my friends. Sal held on to me the whole time. He was practically falling asleep standing up. It was cute.
The hallway was clear, no signs of that asshole. Glad he got the hint.
I walked over to the elevator, his grip on my arm tight. He looked relieved to be on the way home, which was good. I watched as Sal leaned against the elevator, his eyes would threaten to flutter shut every bit, so I decided to just carry him back to the room.
  "Travis what are you..?"he murmured.
I put an arm under his legs, and another under his back. He whispered something into my chest, maybe to protest. Something along the lines of his ability to walk, and him not needing to be carried like a child.
  I wasn't really listening though. I was exhausted and even though I was capable of carrying him, (he was fairly light) I genuinely just wanted to go to bed.
  His head leaned against my chest, his hair frizzy and messy. The elevator door opened and I walked him back to the apartment. The door creaked open, the lights were still on, but Sal's dad never bothered to turn them off or to keep to any routine. I had gotten used to it. I opened the door to the bedroom and set him down on the bed. He stirred a little, his blue eyes glancing at me before closing again, his soft snores echoing through the silence of the room.
I changed out of my clothes into some comfier pajamas. A grey tang top and some plaid red pajama pants and settled in next to my boyfriend.
  Absentmindedly, I put an arm around the boy, falling asleep in a tangled state.
My dreams weren't pleasant, but if I woke from the night terrors of what my childhood had been, Sal would simply keep me grounded, tell me where I was. Which was here, in bed, at a home that wasn't my own but was becoming something of the sort. And after waking up only once that night, I went back to bed, no dreams plaguing my slumber.

Time skip (3 months later)————————>>

  School was ending, the sky was still cloudy and gray, but the air was mildly humid. Groups of friends gathered in the crowded hallways to make plans for the summer, though I knew, having been in similar groups through the years, that most of said plans would fall through.
Sal wasn't on my arm today, he was going around, collecting his summer work, returning school books, and saying goodbye to his favorite teachers. I didn't mix well with a lot of my peers, with the exception of sal and his friends, so my day was mostly filled with short, surface level goodbyes to teachers whose names I would forget in the years to come.
I stood at the end of the hall, leaning against my locker, silently watching students mingle. I saw Ash talking to a group of girls, signing yearbooks, giggling. From a distance she looked comfortable, but I had come to know her well enough to be able to tell what wasn't her crowd. Her eyes met mine and she looked relieved to have a way out. She made an excuse to the group of girls and made her way over to me, the cheery girlish persona fading.
"Travis, thank god."she sighed, leaning against the locker next to me.
"Having fun?"I asked, tapping my fingers against the rusting metal of locker 87.
She smiled, leaning her head back.
"Yeah, a blast."she replied, sarcastically.
She had mildly dressed up for the last day of school, she was in a purple hoodie, with a band tee that looked like something Larry would listen to. A long brown skirt that looked comfortable enough, and some worn out sneakers. Okay, maybe not that dressed up.
She reached in her pocket and revealed a pack of Malboros. I followed her out the back door and we ended up relaxing against the concrete wall of the school.
The building was shaped odd, so there was this little corner in the back that almost seemed to go inward, a pocket on the side of the school. The wall was covered in writing like a bathroom. Penis drawings, hearts with initials and all that. Every few months some of the shit people drew on got painted over, but this wall was ancient and nobody bothered painting it. So the writings covered it, some fading, some new.
Ash settled on the dying grass and pulled out a small pocket knife to carve her initials into the stone. 'A.C'
Lazily she slid the tiny blade over to me, the end of it was purple, most likely painted by her or Larry, but it looked like a regular old pocket knife otherwise. A small "Travis was here" was carved next to the abnormally large A.C. I looked it over a bit before finally deciding I was satisfied with my work.
Ash had already almost finished off a cigarette in the time it took me to perfect my name. She looked over at me, and handed me one from the almost empty pack. I leaned over and she pulled out her purple lighter and lit mine. Most of her things were purple. And the purple on the lighter matched the pocket knife, matched the weird streaks of paint that wouldn't come out of her jeans. And so on.
After what seemed to be only like twenty minutes, the bell rang for what was probably the last time. I definitely wasn't high enough to go back in, but the anxiety that was previously overwhelming had calmed to a quiet annoyance in the background.
I stood up, giving Ash a hand and throwing my cigarette into the corner next to a badly drawn penis with three balls.
She shoved her stuff into her pockets and we walked back in.
Sal was waiting by my locker, dressed in a periwinkle tee and some jeans that had a rip at the knee.
Ash waved goodbye to me and I made my way over to him.
"Hey." I said, the anxious feeling rumbling again in my stomach as his eyes twinkled behind his mask.
"Do you think Mrs. Walton will ever not give summer reading?"he asked, letting out a sigh as he lazily put in my combo and started packing up my stuff for me.
He had obviously beat me to getting his shit out of his locker because his backpack was full on his back and looked almost ready to explode.
They wouldn't have to come back, they were going to high school after all, but still, he didn't seem pleased with the assigned reading he wouldn't ever get around to doing. Or maybe Sal would surprise me this year, and actually do it. He was studious, he just had a small hatred for stuck up English teachers.
"How many half empty water bottles do you have asshole?" Sal asked, turning to me, obviously annoyed.
  "An amount."I replied, nonchalant.
  He huffed, shoving some into my bag after he got tired of walking to the garbage bag. After he was done, I picked up my bag and followed him out of the double doors. We were possibly some of the last students to leave and the teachers had gotten tired of their enthusiastic smiles and goodbyes and had returned to their classrooms by the time we got out.
  I leaned into Sal as we walked towards the apartment building, tired but somewhat relieved.
  "Fuck that place."He mumbled his arm snaked around my waist as to keep me close.
  "Fuck it." I replied, smiling down at him, my stomach felt weird, but it wasn't the anxiety that had resided in it earlier. I felt warm.

Woah! Long chapter right? I'm not big into sally face anymore but I'll update every now and then. Hope you enjoyed, love you guys.