The Phone Call

Sal POV

*Time skip to school when they're back at the apartments*

I speedily walk into my room, as my dad walks in the kitchen, on the phone. I walk over and sit on my bed, I hear the door close and I turn to see Travis.

"Sal I'm—"he said.

"Don't."I replied angrily.

"I was just playing around, I didn't think it would be a big deal."he said coming and sitting on the bed next to me.

I moved away.

"Well it was."I said."You can't just play with my emotions like that Travis."

"Play with your emotions?"he asked.

I took off my mask, setting it on the table next to me, moving farther away from him.

"Pretending you like me. Pretending that we're more than friends."I stated.

Travis POV

I'd never played with his emotions. Pretending?

"I don't understand."I replied, tears filling my eyes.

"Of course you don't. It's all a game to you isn't it?"Sal answered sternly.

"What do you mean a game? You're not making any sense, Sal."I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Was it about earlier? Was I too close?

"Whatever just get out of my room."he said, looking away.

"I-"I started to say.

"Get out!"he screamed, tears rolling down his scarred cheeks.

His blue eyes, were glassy, and filled with tears. What did I do?

I walked out of his room, closing the door behind me. I heard Sal's dad talking in the kitchen, so I hid behind a wall. Who was he talking to?

"Hello,is this Mr.Phelps?"Henry asked, bringing the phone to his ear.

"Yes, and who are you?"I heard a voice ask.

My dad. Why was he on the phone with my dad? Does he want me to come back?

"Mr.Fisher."he replied.

"Okay,Mr.Fisher."he said drowsily."Why the fuck are you calling me at 11:00 on a Saturday?"

"I'm calling about your son. Travis Phelps."he said, his voice becoming more serious.

"What did that motherfucker do this time?"my dad said over the phone."Haven't seen the little asshole in a while."

He noticed I was gone. He cares. I can go home and it will be better.

"There's a reason for that."he said.

"What?"My dad asked.

"He ran away. He's been staying with me, since your home seems unfit for a child."Henry stated.

"Unfit? Who do you think you're talking to?"my dad snapped.

"Travis has informed me that you assault him regularly."he said."Is this true?"

"What does it matter to you what I do with my child?"My dad asked getting angrier.

"Do you hurt him?"he asked.

"Fuck off. You can keep that little bastard. Good Riddens."My dad said.

The phone call was ended, and I curled up in a ball on the ground. Of course. I was an idiot for thinking my dad gave a damn about me. I tear rolled down my cheek. If I was home, my dad would tell me to suck it up because boys don't cry. But I let the tears fall, as I hugged my legs tighter to my body.

I haven't posted in a week! I'm so so so so so so so so sorry. Thank you so much for 2k reads and 146 votes! It means the world to me. I hope you all have a great day and thank you for reading another chapter of this horrible fanfic.