Trivial Pursuit

Travis POV

*Time skipping (again)*

We sat cuddled up on his couch eating popcorn. The Good Place was blasting in the background as he snuggled up against me. I grabbed another handful of popcorn, shoving it in my mouth. Sal had his prosthetic off, it made me feel better because he was more comfortable without it on.

"They're gonna find you out Eleanor!"he said pointing and laughing at the Tv.

Popcorn was scattered all over the couch, and every once and a while, some fell on the floor, which would later become food for Gizmo, Sal's cat. Sal pulled out his phone as the intro for the next episode was playing.

"Hey, Larry just texted me."he said."Larry says Ash and Todd are over. He asked if we wanted to come down."

Just us.

"I-"I started to say.

"I know you don't know them very well, but cmon if you're gonna live here, you should get to know your neighbors."he said, picking up another piece of popcorn tossing it in his mouth, nearly missing.

"I thought it was just gonna be us tonight."I replied looking down.

I really wanted to spend time with Sal. It made me happy when he was around, I didn't want someone to take him away.

"I think it would be good for you Trav."Sal answered looking at me."Larry wants to hang out with you, and I bet Ash and Todd will too when they get to know you."

"Fine, but the popcorn better not be gone when we get back."I replied."I'm looking at you Gizmo."

Gizmo shrugged and got back to eating the popcorn from off of the ground.

"Cmon let's go."Sal said opening the door.

I followed him out to the elevator. The ride down was much less awkward than the last time we went down to Larry's. The elevator beeped and we stepped out walking over to Larry's and ringing the doorbell. I expected to see Larry, Todd, maybe even Ash, but I was greeted by someone I had never seen before. A young African American boy with brown hair and a yellow shirt opened the door.

"Hey Neil."Sal said cheerfully.

"Hey Sal."he replied looking at me,"Who's this?"

I looked down at my feet. This was awkward.

"Oh this is Travis."Sal said introducing me.

"So like are you guys like..."he said pointing at the two of us crossing his fingers."You know."

"I-I..."I started to say, flustered."We're not...we're just..."

"Geez...awkward."Neil said laughing."Come on inside."

We walked in, Larry was sprawled out on the couch, playing on his phone. Ash was snuggled up next to him, looking over his shoulder and laughing at whatever was on the screen. Todd was on the ground, eating a slice of pizza. I looked over at Sal. I could see his eyes brighten, I wish I could see his smile under his prosthetic right now.

"Hey Sa-"Ash started to say, then she looked at me, glaring daggers."What is he doing here?"

Larry looked at me and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"I-I-I"I stuttered, nervous.

This was a bad idea. I wish we would've just stayed upstairs.

"He's my friend,Ash."Sal replied suddenly grabbing my hand.

"C'mon guys let's just play a game."Larry answered nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"I can get Trivial Pursuit!"Neil said cheerfully, he seemed oblivious to everything around him.

Neil left the room to go grab a game, coming back a few seconds later with the game.

"Ok."he said putting the game down."This is the team edition, so everyone get with a partner."

Immediately, I knew what the outcome would be. Ash would go with Larry. I mean it's obvious she's got a thing for him. Todd would go with Neil because he wouldn't want to go with me, so I would be left with Sal. I looked around the room. Everyone had started to sit down around the game. I got the teams correct, which wasn't really a surprise at all.

"Ok, lets do the first question."Ash said picking a card."The aardvark is native to which continent?"

"Ummmm...Asia."Larry replied, unsure of his answer.

"Africa...."Todd muttered.

"It's Africa."she said putting the card down.

Neil picked up a card, reading it to himself, and then saying it aloud, so Todd could hear.

"Girl with a Pearl Earring is an oil painting by which Dutch Golden Age painter?"Neil inquired looking into Todd's eyes.

Okay Lovebirds get on with it.

"It's Johannes Vermeer."Todd replied, not breaking eye contact."We talked about it the other day."

Everyone sat awkwardly, watching Todd and Neil flirt. But it was like bad flirting. The type you'd see in movies.

"So are you two official or what?"Ash asked, bored.

"I-I-I"Todd said.

I held back the urge to laugh, it was like watching the scene from earlier when we walked in, but with different people acting it out. I smirked at Neil, crossing my fingers and sticking my tongue out. It was payback for the embarrassment of earlier.

"Let's just get on with the game."Sal said, playing with his hair.

*tImE sKiP*

By the time the game was finished, it was pretty late.

Everyone had fallen asleep, except me and Sal. Well it was about to be just me. I could see Sal slowly drifting off.

"Let's get you home sleepyhead."I said messing up his hair.

Sal stood up and I immediately picked him up, holding him wedding style.

"Travis?"Sal questioned flustered."What are you doing?"

"Taking you home silly."I replied playfully.

"Ok."Sal said drowsily, his eyes threatening to close.

By the time I walked him over to the elevator, he had fallen asleep in my arms. I looked down at him, then his prosthetic. I gently unbuckled it, pushing it up to kiss his forehead. I slowly, pulled it back over his face, as the elevator doors opened. I carried him all the way to the door, slowly turning the doorknob, trying not to disturb his dad, if he was home. I walked over to Sal's bed, laying him down on it, unbuckling his prosthetic and placing it on the nightstand.

"Night, beautiful."I whispered turning the lights off.

I'm posting this at 11:59 pm, so it's technically still the same day. 3 chapters today! Woohoo!