24. The Truth Untold

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

It was Jungkook.

Moments passed away in silence and we just stared each other. The rain was getting heavier by each second.

I didn't know how long had passed, until I realized that although I was under the umbrella, he was getting wet. So, I moved closer to him so that he was under it, too.

He was forced to break the intense eye-contact at this, and looked away hesitantly. "Y-you?" I said, but it was barely audible.

"It's not what you think, Yerin. I have a proper expla-"

I cut him off mid sentence, and said, "I'm not cruel enough to leave you out in the rain. Let's get to my house."

We walked, making sure we weren't too close, but close enough for the umbrella to cover us both. The silence between us was intensifying gradually; and I feared it would have to be broken very soon.

We reached my house, and I unlocked the door. We both got inside in silence. I realized he wouldn't say anything unless I did so.

"Have a seat. And take off your hoodie." I said, only to realize after a second that my sentence, which I said only because the hoodie was wet, had an alternative meaning.

He sat down on the sofa and took off the hoodie. I observed him carefully and found out that he was trying his best not to let the corners of his lips form a smirk. And when my eyes travelled downwards, I was suddenly and forcefully reminded of the first time I saw him.

It was the thin, white shirt — all over again.

"Why have you been stalking me?" I asked, trying my best not to let myself get carried away by his well-shaped body that was slightly visible under the shirt.

He looked hesitant at first, and then, embarrassed. He made sure not to create an eye-contact, and started over, "I have a reasonable explanation."

"And what is that?"

"I had to know that..." He trailed off, and made a mistake: looked into my eyes.

I knew he couldn't lie looking into my eyes, and he did not. "I had to know that you were safe."

"By making me feel unsafe?"

"I know I shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry." He said. ''I'll do anything to make up for it."

I took a seat on the armchair beside the sofa, and said, "I've got some questions about you. So, as an apology, please answer all of them honestly."