5. Darkness and Plans

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

"It's me, Jungkook."

I let out a sigh of relief, knowing it wasn't a complete stranger.

But my jaw clenched when I realized he hadn't made any move to remove his hand from my waist. One part of me wanted to stay like this and the other said the contrary.

"What do you think you're doing?" I hissed.

He brought his face closer to my ear and whispered, "What do you think I am?"

I felt shivers running down my spine. But I held it in and said, "Get your hands off me, Mr. Jeon."

His hands left my waist. He said in a playful tone, "Aww... You don't like it?"

I moved as far from him as possible, without tripping and hurting myself in the dark.  "Not a single bit," I stated. Hoping he didn't realize that I wasn't so sure about it, I added, "Plus, I hate darkness."

''I see," he replied, and moved to turn the lights back on. Once the lights were back on, it took me a few seconds to adjust my eyes. Then, I saw it again.

That freaking smirk.

"I'll take my leave now, sir. I'll be sure to hand you the reports by Monday," I said, and gathered my things as quickly as possible.

"I'll give you a ride, then," he offered.

"No, thank you. I can take care of myself."

"Are you sure? Girls are dying for the ride.''

"Positive, sir. Goodbye." I walked out of my office and got into the elevator in record time.

-

"I'll get going now," I said as I took my bag and walked towards the door.

"Before you go, Yerin, you should know that I've invited Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok for dinner tomorrow," chirped Jin oppa.

These two closest friends of my brother — who were a couple themselves — and his boyfriend, Namjoon visited us very often. So, it was normal for me.

"Okay. I'll be home, so I'll help you. Bye now," I replied.

"Be careful." I heard him say as I put on my shoes.

It didn't take me a long time to reach Jimin's house. There was no problem in locating it, either, because Taehyung was going inside the moment I reached there. "Taehyung!" I called him.

"Oh, Yerin!" He greeted me with his bright, boxy smile. It was amazing how he looked so good even in something so simple.

"Let's get inside," I said.

The two of us sat down comfortably in Jimin's living room while he arranged some food for us.

"Guys, I've fixed a meeting with Minji tomorrow. I'll tell it to her in the morning and spend the rest of the day with her," he announced. "That is, of course, if she accepts me," he added uncertainly.

"Of course, she will. I know her," I said reassuringly.

"Yeah, she can't reject you when you've finally plucked up the courage to confess." Taehyung said.

"And we will help you plan the best confession ever," I added.

"Doesn't every girl wanted that for herself?" Taehyung asked awkwardly, making me and Jimin laugh.

-

After almost an hour of discussions and searching on Google, we came up with a plan.

Jimin would sing his self-written song to Minji, since he was quite good at it. It took us another hour to finally come up with the lyrics and the tune, although Jimin did most of the work himself.

"Don't worry. She knows you. She'll never reject you," I said to Jimin before leaving.

Taehyung gave him a hug. "Inform us what happens. If you're in the condition of doing so, of course." He shot the older male a wink.

Jimin just laughed, shook his head and said, "Will do."

As we got into the parking lot of Jimin's house, Taehyung asked me, "Can I give you a ride?"

I checked the watch on my wrist and replied, "I could use one."

We got into his car and he started driving according to my directions. It turned out that our houses were pretty close. "So, you satisfied with work?" He asked me.

"I guess," I shrugged. "It'd be better if the workload was less. But I couldn't be happier with my co-workers," I said, looking at him.

Without taking his eyes of the road, he asked me, "Is that what I am to you? Just a co-worker?"

The seriousness in his voice sent a shiver down my spine. "Of course not," I replied with a smile. "You're a good friend, Tae. A real one."

Although he didn't know what that last sentence meant, he smiled. Little did I know what was going on in his mind. He whispered something under his breath and although I couldn't realize it then, I know it now.

"That's a start."