2. Mr. Park

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

I stepped into the glass-covered skyscraper,  praying silently that my office wouldn't be in any of the top most floors. Or I wouldn't be able to look out even once.

Yeah, you're right. I'm just a little bit afraid of heights too. As if I didn't have enough things to deal with in my nearly twenty one years of life already.

I went to the receptionist; a very beautiful lady. She wanted to know who I was with a kind smile on her face. As I replied, however, her smile faded.

"You are the new PA?" She asked, surprised.

"Yes," I replied, which sounded more like a question. "Is something wrong?"

"No, no. Not at all!" The smile was back on her face again, but it seemed like a forced one, definitely not genuine. "Wait a few minutes. I'll call Mr. Park. He's supposed to show you around."

"Sure," I said. She picked up the telephone on her desk and dialled a number quickly. Must've been a phone on another floor. As her call was answered, she started talking and I couldn't help but think about her suspicious behaviour.

I mean, a new employee just joined the office. What's so surprising about that?

"Ms. Kim?" I heard an angelic voice, but it wasn't the receptionist's. I turned around to see a handsome guy standing before me.

Well, handsome was definitely an understatement.

He was wearing a black suit over his white shirt, and a black tie, which complemented his fair skin. His hair was a dark shade of blonde. It was a bit messy, but in a good way; like he ran his hand multiple times through it. His lips were pinkish and full. I didn't fail to notice the piercing on his ear, either.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Park. But feel free to call me Jimin." He said with a smile. I was brought back to the real world by those words and finally stopped staring at him. "Pleasure to meet you too. Please call me Yerin."

"Of course, Yerin. Now, I'm supposed to show you the way around office till your boss comes back after lunch. It's on the ninth floor. Shall we take the elevator?"

"Sure." At least, I could try to look down from the ninth floor.

As we got out from the elevator, Jimin said, "Funnily enough, only five people including me work in the ninth floor. So, it's the quietest. Just the CEO, three others and you, his personal assistant."

"I see. How come?"

"I don't know, maybe your boss wanted it that way." He shrugged. I felt my ears perk up by the way he stressed the two words, ‘your boss’. "Other than that, there are just maintainance closets."

I nodded. Jimin and I kept walking in silence, and I debated all the while whether I should start a conversation or not.

"Oh, and printers and photocopiers," Jimin said all of a sudden, as if he had just remembered. "Lots of them. Don't ask me why."

For no particular reason, I chuckled. The atmosphere lightened up and I asked Jimin all the things that I wanted to know about the company as he gave me a tour around the floor.

I really liked the place, because from my childhood, I enjoyed calm and quiet. I soon became friends with Jimin, and worries about not having a cooperative co-worker started to disappear.

"So, this is where you'll be working. It's nearest to the CEO's room so that you can run in there anytime he's in trouble."

Seeing my bamboozled expression, he explained, "Relax, I'm kidding. No personal assistant before has had to barge in there to rescue him." I chuckled a bit at his choice of words.

"They've only went in for... well, other reasons." I wondered what those 'other reasons' were.

At that precise moment, a girl around my age came to us. "A pleasure to meet you. I'm Kim Yerin."

"Nice to meet you, Yerin. I'm Go Minji. Call me Minji, please. You're my age, I assume."

"I'll be twenty one next month."

"Well, then, you're about one year younger than me and two years younger than Jimin. Right?" She asked, looking at Jimin.

"What?" Jimin asked, startled. "Yeah, yeah, right." Didn't take him much time to cover it up, though. Minji's phone rang and she went away to answer it.

"Observing her so deeply, that you fail to hear her question. Does she know you like her?" I asked with a smug smile.

"No, I don't know how to tell her yet. We're all friends from high school, you see." Jimin replied, with a hint of a blush on his cheeks.

"Well, tell her soon. And what do you mean, you're all friends?" I put extra pressure on the word 'all'.

''Me, Minji, one of the two others who work in this floor, Taehyung, and The CEO."

"