13. Alcohol and Thunderstorm

❛ ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ ❜

❛ ᴊᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ ❜

I woke up with my eyes blurry. It took me a few seconds to understand where I was. I found myself in my own bedroom. I tried to get up from the bed, but the throbbing pain in my arm and head wouldn't let me do so.

I found my left arm heavily bandaged and tried to recall what happened.

"Why can't I just forget everything, more importantly her birthday?" I asked myself and entered the club.

I ordered a heavily alcoholic drink, and gulped it down in one go. This was one of the things I hated about myself — drinking would always calm me down in situations like this.

A few girls were glancing at me from the other side of the club suggestively. Sure, they were attractive, but what they really saw was wasn't the real me.

Just my body, money, fame.

I didn't give a shit about those who didn't love the true me anymore. Girls never wanted true love from me, because they themselves were incapable of giving so. Eventually, they moved on and targeted another guy.

That's how girls are, huh? Is Yerin like that, too?

As much as I wanted to deny it, the answer was 'no'. Yerin neither threw herself at me nor took much interest in me. Indirectly, she rejected me, called me a womanizer.

Is that all I'll ever be to her?

My thoughts were snatched away when I heard the voice I wanted to hear the most at the moment.

"Thank God. You're awake."

❛ ʏᴇʀɪɴ ❜

"Thank God. You're awake." I smiled as I saw Jungkook trying to get up from his bed, his eyes open, unlike before.

Relief flooded over me.

"Were you that worried about me?'' He asked cheekily.

This guy...

"Ever considered the possibility that I was worried only because you're my boss?" I snapped.

What a great excuse, Yerin. As if that explained why you felt like the whole world had crumpled down to the ground when you got to know about his accident.

"Yeah, right." It seemed like he saw right through it. ''What happened exactly?"

"The hospital called to let me know that you had an accident because of driving in a drunk state," I answered.

"Jungkook-ah, how are you feeling?" Yoongi oppa entered the room.

"Alright."

"The doctors said you were lucky to get away from that accident with only a cut on your forehead and that injury on your arm. A glass shard pierced into that area," he said.