Breaking down walls

"CHARLOTTE!!"

"Hey babe!"

"How've you been?!"

As soon as the boys stepped out of the recording area, I was swarmed by a rush of hugs and loud voices.

Louis ran up to me and swallowed me in his arms, "Chaaaarlotte!" He swayed me around while I laughed at his childishness.

"Missed you too, Lou!" I chuckled, only to be ripped out of Louis's arms by Niall.

"Alright, my turn!" He picked me up and spun me around while I giggled hopelessly.

"Put me down!"

"Ahh, ok!" He obeyed, giving me a final squeeze with a laugh.

"Liam's turn!" He opened his arms as if to say 'come on in', and I ran into his arms. "Missed you, babe."

"You too!" I laughed as he rubbed my back with his thumbs.

"Ok, you've had your turn." Zayn tapped on Liam's shoulder. Liam let go of me and I threw myself in Zayn's open arms. "I know you missed me the most," he winked.

"Ok boys, we've got to head over to the arena." Amanda interrupted our moment.

Louis sighed dramatically, "Of course we do."

"What time is it?" Liam inquired.

Amanda checked her watch, "1 o'clock. Sound check is at 3. We'll have lunch delivered in about an hour-"

"An hour?" Niall interrupted in a small panic, "I'm starving."

"I brought snacks in my bag," Amanda smirked, gesturing to a medium sized carry-on sitting in the corner. "Besides, Harry, you can spend some time with your Miss when we get there."

"Alright," Harry smiled over at me, although he was speaking to Amanda.

"Just don't let me get in the way." I smiled sheepishly, "Do what you need to do."

The Irish boy scoffed, "You're never in the way."

I scoffed at him, "The last time I was with you guys was when you were on break. You're working now."

"No need to worry. I'm sure the lads won't mind even if you are in the way," Paul smirked, "which you're not." he added quickly.

"Let's load up, boys!" Amanda started walking out the back exit door and we all followed her. The boys security walked in front of us, beside us, and behind us, boxing us in.

"Plug your ears," Louis nudged me with a smile as we walked out the door.