Accident

The sun was descending; it met the top of the water in the distance, painting a mesmerizing orange, pink, and purple masterpiece in the sky. The crisp blue waves rushed up to the sandy shore, crashed, and were sent back into the ocean. I was rested on a red blanket, leaning back into his chest. His arms were holding me tightly, silently reassuring me that they'll never let me go, and everything would be okay. I was staring at the beautiful scene of the beach, realizing how big the world is and how beautiful it is that it really wasn't against me.

"What're you thinking about?" A raspy voice ripped me out of my thoughts, but I kept staring off into the distance. He brings his face next to mine, and his curls tickle my cheek.

I smiled, "This. And how perfect it is."

"This is perfect." He agreed. I turned to look at him and saw that he was staring straight into my blue eyes. We locked eyes; he smiled that breath-taking smile.

He leaned in and planted a soft kiss on my nose, and I felt my cheeks get hot. I wondered how he still managed to make me nervous after I'd loved him for so long.

Gently, he touched a hand to my face. I closed my eyes at his touch, and he began singing softly, quietly.

"Don't you know

She is my favorite girl

I wanna run away for days with her

And if you promise not to say a thing,

I'm gonna buy that girl a diamond ring

I said, Oooh oooh oooh,

Charlotte I love you...."

My eyes opened quickly, tears filling them. My pillowcase was damp, and I realized I was lost in a dream that probably wouldn't come true. I squeezed my eyes shut and rolled over onto my side. My clock read 12:06.

It was at least a month since Harry left, and the boys were now in Florida again. As a matter of fact, I'd heard rumors that they were coming to Destin. I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be true or not. A realization had hit me the day before; I realized that if I wanted Harry back, I could have him back. I know that was pretty obvious, but it only just hit me. The reason for all of pain was that I was too stubborn. Why couldn't I bring myself to calling him? Would he hurt me again? A thought that was pressing in the back of my mind told me that, no, he would never do anything to hurt me ever again. How did I know? Did I even care if he hurt me again? My hopeless love for him was making me sick.

Realizing that it was hopeless to try going back to sleep, I forced myself out of bed. As soon as my feet hit the cold, wood floor, I braced myself for another day of internal arguing and sadness. I guessed that's what my days would consist of for a while.

After pulling on an oversized sweatshirt, I made my way down the hall towards the kitchen.

When I walked through the living room, I did a double take when I saw someone sitting on my couch.

"Wha- Jessica?" I jumped at the sight of the brown-haired girl sitting casually on my couch.

"Surprise!" She grinned, getting up to hug me. "Your mom let me in. I thought that we could hang out today. I know you've been really stressed with...you know."

I nodded quickly, suddenly thankful for my new plans. "Sounds great. Want something to eat?"

"I already ate some of your Cheerios."

I laughed, "Of course you did."

She followed me into the kitchen while I opened the cabinet to grab a bowl.

Holding On (A Harry Styles Love Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें