"nobody home?" he asked.

i looked at his face briefly but then quickly looked away when he decided to stare back at me. "no."

my heart rate continued to speed up when i saw he continued to glare at me. without another word and weird feeling washing over my body, i went up to my room, locking the door behind me, so i could change into something more suitable for this weather.

i threw on a black graphic t-shirt with a black zip up hoodie over it, and some black ripped jeans, and just slipped on my comfortable moccasins. i was only going across the street, not across town.

letting the hoodie droop over my black curls, i zipped up the hoodie to my chest and made sure i had my phone and headphones, then walked out the room down the stairs to find nick rummaging through my fridge as if it was his house.

my body's temperature increased as soon as i laid eyes on him pulling out an unopened water bottle from the fridge. still i scrunched up my face at the fact that he really felt comfortable enough to take stuff my mother bought. 

i shrugged my shoulders and cleared my throat. he turned around like he got caught doing something terrible. but then his countenance quickly changed to his hard, expressionless demeanor and took a long sip from the water.

"aight les' go." he muttered, walking ahead of me to the front door. i made sure to text  my mom that i wasn't home, in case she came back before me. but this shouldn't take that long.... right?

nick opened the door to his room and my eyes widened a little to see that it was surprising, somewhat decent. i've always had the impression that  his room would be a pig sty, but it's the complete opposite.

everything was set up in an organized, but messy manner. all his shoes were stacked up in their respective boxes and lined up against the wall in his closet, and the dark walls seemed to complement the white and gray sheets and bed set. 

i looked around some more, just trying to process that someone.. like nick, slept here every night. "wow.." i spoke softly.

"it was my idea, mostly," he said taking off his shoes. he put them back in their box near the foot of his bed. cautiously, i took off my moccasins, thankful i was wearing socks beforehand. 

it'd be embarrassing if he saw my bare feet. i shuddered at his possible taunting reaction.

he got on the bed and rested his back against the headboard, and got out a silver tray that had a bag of the weed buds, a black lighter and pack of backwoods rolling papers. i licked over my bottom lip because it was getting dry, and also out of anticipation and nervousness.

i still stood at the foot of his bed, while he laid back, getting comfortable. he opened the bag of weed buds, and poured them out on the tray. he paused for a moment and glanced at me, arching his eyebrow. "you gonna sid' down or what?"

i jumped up a bit and walked over to the other side of the bed and sat down on it, feeling the slight dip. nick was still glaring at me as he straightened out the leaves. i took his staring to mean 'you stiff, relax'. so i crossed one leg under the other and rested my back on the headboard as well.

"now," he announced, instantly capturing my attention with his voice. "this strain righ' here, this called og kush. everybody has smoked this at least once befo' so i thought it'd be good to start with. here." he slid the tray over to my direction so it was between us. "you can help me break it up into bits, but not too small." he instructed me in gruff voice as he did the same.