"Don't mm mm mm" he sighed after he couldn't make the word. normally Alex would help him like he always does, but he's not the only sibling Alex takes care of.

"Remember, Diego, just picture the word in your mind," Grace said and walked up to him.

he sighed and tried one more time, "D-Don't mm muh D-Don't mmm Don't mo-move." he finally said.

Grace gasped, "You did it! I'm so proud of you!"

Diego smiled at her feeling please. that was until Reginald cleared his throat

-⚜️-

"Mom, we need to talk." Diego-and unknowingly Alex- said as he walked up to his mom who was sitting in front of her paintings doing cross-stitch while being charged.

"Okay." she responded, "But only for a minute, I need to finish this cross-stitch."

"Everything you did for us when we were kids for me why'd you do it?"

Diego said as he stood behind her. Alex standing slightly behind him, in hearing distance but not really close.

"Because being your mother is the greatest gift of my life,"

she answered in her usual cheerful tune.

"Is that you saying that?"

"I'm not sure what you mean, Diego," Grace said an continued to do her cross-stitch.

"I mean, our father, he made you." he began, "When you think something, is it like he's telling you what to say?"

"Your father isn't here, silly," Grace said with a smile, making Alex give a small smile.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's it's not Look. It's okay if you hated him. He was terrible to you, - to all of us."

"Don't say that."

"Why not? We were just tools in an experiment to him. Nothing more." Alex had a bittersweet smile on his face, after all, he could relate.

"So I'm saying, I would understand if you know, if-if you wanted to hurt him."

"Now, now," Grace began, "Mr.Hargreeves was a great man. Industrialist, inventor, Olympic gold medalist. He made the world a better place."

"Stop it! Do you hear me? Stop trying to defend him! Mom, you gotta feel something. Look, he treated you worse than anyone. You worked for him for 30 years. He didn't even give you a room to sleep in." Diego argued.

"But I've got such beautiful views here," Grace said softly and looked at her painting. A wall full of them. Alex had to admit sometimes when he needed to think he would come here and sit beside his mother and look at the paintings.

Diego sighed, "Mom, those are just paintings."

"Of course they are." She said and looked at one of them. She sighed, "What a wonderful world she lives in. Sometimes I wonder if she's lonely."

-⚜️-

Alex was walking down the hall, searching for Klaus. As he was whistling, he suddenly heard the sound of gunfire. and shouting. Alex ran to the direction the noise was coming from and found her siblings trying to fight two ridiculously masked mercenaries - at least, that's what he thought of them-  firing at them. he looked helplessly as his sibling fought the masked people.