Chapter 14 Volume 5

Timeskip weeks ahead
Cinder (POV)
Salem has sent myself, Mercury, Emerald, and Arthur to retrieve the spring maiden which Raven Branwen is harboring. We arrive the camp gate where we encounter a bandit watchman
Mercury- Looks like he doesn't want to cooperate boss.
Cinder- (chuckles) Then make him.
Mercury- I was hoping you'd say that.
Emerald takes point and slowly walks towards the watchman while drawing her weapons. She slashed the watchman through the gate and we entered the camp. No bandit dared to attack us as we made our way to the biggest tent here. Raven Branwen comes out of tent wearing that stupid helmet of hers.
Raven- I don't recall inviting so many guests into our home. Either I lost my memory or you've all lost your spines!!
Cinder- Don't be too upset with them Raven. Your men simply recognized the power of a maiden when they see it.
I set my eye aflame to prove it.
Cinder- Which is why we'd like to have a word with you.
Raven- (looks at her men) Leave is. Pack your things and break down camp. We're leaving.
Arthur- A little late you run and hide. You've been on our master's list for some time so must simply understand that we cannot allow you to slip away.
Raven- I know all about your master but I don't believe we've met.
Mercury- We're the guys you should be afraid of.
Raven- I doubt anyone should be afraid of you.
Mercury- Oh yeah? Tell that to
Cinder- Quiet.
Raven- That's what I thought.
Cinder- I'm Cinder Fall. The one to my right is my associate Arthur Watts. And my disciples Mercury and Emerald.
Raven- Two children you've tricked into following you, a disgraced Atlasian scientist, and a fall maiden with a surname so appropriate she probably picked it out herself. Something tells me you've got more than a slight case of egomania and a bunch of crazy. Is that about right?
Arthur- Technically I was also a doctor but the rest of it was spot on.
Cinder- Aren't you perceptive.
Raven- It's what kept me alive.
Cinder- I'm afraid the only reason you're still alive is because you have something our master wants. Of course if I'm wrong (produces flames in my right hand and my eye goes on fire)
Raven- Vernal!
This Vernal chick comes out of tent and walks to us.
Cinder- So this is the long lost spring maiden. Prove it.
Vernal closes her eyes and raises her hands. The ground vibrates and the wind picks up. The weather went from sunny to stormy in a matter of seconds. Vernal stops.
Raven- Vernal has done has done well under my guidance. I'd take that into consideration before you try anything.
Cinder- Raven, I won't underestimate you so please don't insult my intelligence. There is a slim chance you and your maiden can escape here today but if you know our master as well as you claim to then you know you could never truly escape her. But we've come barring an olive branch.
Arthur- The maidens are simply a means to an end. Salem's true desires are the relics locked within the huntsman academies. Come with us. Allow Vernal to unlock the relic of Knowledge and all previous acts of defiance against Salem will be forgiven. It's the best deal either of you are going to get.
Raven- You talk as if walking straight into Haven is going to be easy.
Cinder- That's because it will be. Headmaster Lionheart is loyal to Salem now. All we need is the key to the vault. You're not the only one to turn your back on Oz Raven.
Raven- I'm not helping Salem. I'm not helping Oz. I don't want any part in this.
Cinder- That ships sailed when you decided to harbor a maiden but if you come with us to Haven we'll leave you, your tribe, and your little secret to live out the rest of your days squabbling in the wilderness. We just need the relic.
Raven- I need time to think this over.
Arthur- You don't have time. In two days Haven Academy will be destroyed by the Whitefang. You're going to choose now.
Raven- Backed me into a corner huh.
Cinder- So are you with us or against us? Choose wisely because the last person who went against us, I killed on top of beacon tower.
Raven- (takes off helmet)- Agreements like these are built on trust and forgive me for saying but I don't trust a single one of you. You're gonna need to give me more.
Arthur- You are in a poor position to negotiate.
Raven- I want my brother dead and I want his white haired partner for myself.
Cinder- Did you say Qrow and his white haired partner?
Raven- That's right. They know I have spring and if I help you get your relic, they're going to become a problem. I have enough problems to deal with. Qrow doesn't trust me but he does trust Ozpin's other lieutenants. If Leo really is loyal to you, then you order him to invite Qrow right into an ambush. He arrives at Haven, we take him down, you get your relic, I get my man, and we all leave happy.
Cinder- Now this is a proposition I can get behind.
Arthur- Alright ladies lets pause for a moment. We have one objective. Retrieving the relic of Knowledge. Now I know Qrow Branwen and his partner may be on the list of individuals we would very much like dead but they're not going to go down without a fight and they're not going to fight quietly. Our advantage here is just as you said. We walk straight into Haven. No resistance no one the wiser. The battle with your brother throws that out the window.
Raven- He's good but not that good. All of us against him. It will be over in a heartbeat.
Emerald- But it's not just him. He has the students with him. He has Ruby. And his partner may be Zack Fullbuster.
Cinder- He certainly does and we don't know if his partner is him. Which is why I have to see him for my myself.
Arthur- If we leave that school a bloody mess, it will draw the attention of the authorities. The kingdom will be on high alert and the Whitefang's attack will be ruined.
Cinder- Then we wait. We wait until the full moon. Leo invites Qrow and his little fighters to Haven the same night Hazel and Adam arrive with the Whitefang. As soon as the battle is won, the Whitefang destroys Haven and any evidence we may have left behind is lost with the school.
Raven- Then Salem leaves my people alone and I get my man.
Cinder- You have yourself a deal.
Arthur- Wait. Don't think I don't see what you're after. If this falls to pieces over your grudge with a child a past lover you failed to kill I will not be taking the blame.
Cinder- Then what are you worried about?
I burn his hand.
Cinder- Fly back home and tinker with your machines. And tell Salem she'll get what she wants.
Raven and I shake on it.
Cinder *mind*-I swear Zack. If you're still alive, I'm gonna make what I did to you at beacon look like child's play.
Author: That is that. We're building towards the final battle. This is going to be good.