Chapter 5: Succubus In A Red Dress

Chapter 5: Succubi In A Red Dress

Stark stepped out of the car and tossed a set of keys to the valet attendant. The valet boy caught them and grinned. Stark winked and slipped him a tip.

“Take good care of my baby.” He said.

Stark walked around the car and opened the door for Peyton. Peyton stepped out of the car onto a red carpet. She was instantly met by flashing cameras from every direction. She felt Stark put his hand on the small of her back and place a small kiss on the side of her head. He lead her through the scumbags looking for the next high society gossip story.

“Stark Reed, is that your girlfriend!?” He heard one of them scream.

Peyton shielded her eyes.

Stark guided her, until they were inside the large grand hotel.

“So now you have paparazzi following you?” Peyton asked in disbelief.

Stark shrugged.

“I was voted most wanted bachelor for the past couple of years. Oh and sexiest man alive a few times.” Stark said giving his award winning grin.

Peyton rolled her eyes.

“Oh I should have known. The great Stark Reed would have even the public media falling at his feet.” Peyton said.

He grinned.

“Well now you know.”

Peyton looked around the grand hotel. It was beautiful, the floors were polished wood shining in the light from the large chandelier. The walls were painted red and were bordered in gold high quality flower boarder. There was a large stair case also with a red carpet. Peyton was guided up the stair case to a large ball room. She walked inside. There were tons of people in very formal clothing. She looked up at Stark who was grinning ear to ear obviously loving all the attention he was getting. That's when Peyton noticed all eyes were on them. She elbowed him hard. He coughed.

“Why are they staring at us?” She whispered.

Stark chuckled.

“I've never brought a date to this thing.” He said smiling wickly.

She groaned.

A tall older man with salt and pepper hair and bright brown eyes, and a women with blonde hair and blue eyes walked up to Stark.

“Reed, it's great to see you.” he said extending his hand.

Stark shook his hand and smiled genuinely.

“Parks it's great to see you as well. And Mrs. Parks you look ravishing tonight.” he said kissing her hand.

She blushed.

“Oh please Stark, we are past such formalities. Please call me Lydia.” She said.

Stark winked at her.

Peyton pouted.

“And who might this minx be?” Someone said cutting in, his British accent predominate.

Parks and his wife stepped aside.

Peyton looked in a pair of very hypnotizing green eyes. They practically sparkled. His dark brown hair was neatly styled. His statue meeting Stark's. Which he wore well. He was just a bit lanker than Stark but seemed to hold him self very well. He arched a brow at Peyton as he stared only into her eyes. Almost daring her to refuse his attention.

“Ah the host him self!” Lydia said.

He bowed his head.

“Lydia, love. It's been far too long.” The man said never looking away from Peyton.