Chapter 12: Truce?

Hey guys! Thanks for all the reads on the last chapter. Nice to see everyone hasn't given up on this story! Anyways, I didn't come up with a song for this chapter, because it's kind of a filler chapter. Just to tie into my plot and how I want everything to go. Please be patient Peyton and Stark have a lot of tension left to build before they finally give into one another. Lots to happen yet! Happy reading. 

~Ashley.

Chapter 12: Truce?

Peyton woke up with a headache. She groaned and rolled over to look at the screaming alarm clock. She hit the off button and slung her feet over the side of the bed and felt her head throb then all the events of the few days flooded back, including last night. She couldn't help but feel utterly depressed. Christian had turned out to be a jerk. She knew he wouldn't change his mind. She was going to have to sit him down and reflect on their relationship once she got home. She was dreading it because she could tell Christian was starting to grow feelings for her, and of course she didn't want to hurt him. She was sure eventually she would grow such strong feelings for Christian as well. Maybe they could make it work. She hoped they could, for Christian's sake.

She couldn't really remember how she got to bed but she did remember Stark being so kind and attentive last night outside her house. How he forgot about all the horrible things she had done to him to make sure she was alright. She had never seen that side of Stark before. Had she really judge him so harshly without really getting to know the real man under his arrogant act? She was ashamed of herself.

She undressed and turned on the shower. She had a lot of thinking and self reflecting to do and her throbbing head told her it would have to wait until she got some food and aspirin. Hopefully she and Stark could call a truce for once and all, and she could keep her boyfriend in the mean time. Her life was taking such a dramatic turn of events lately.

Stark walked outside of the coffee shop drinking his coffee and holding another for Peyton. He looked up to see Christian holding hands with Olivia. What the hell was going on? Did he dump Peyton for Olivia. Is that why Peyton was so upset last night? If that was the case he felt like a complete jack ass because it was all his fault. How could he have been so selfish? Poor Peyton. He felt angry. He had to confront Christian he had to tell him what he was missing.

He marched up the them and tapped Christian on the back. Christian turned around and his face went pale as a ghost. Christian swallowed a huge lump in his throat, he was surely found out now. Stark would love to get his goat, he was surely going to tell Peyton. Wasn't he suppose to be on his plane to the stupid partnership camp by now?

“It's not what it looks like--” Christian started.

Stark could feel his blood boil.

“You dumped Peyton!?” Stark almost screamed.

Christian was confused, but already could see how this was going to work to his advantage.