chapter 2: Is That A Bet?

Chapter 2: Is That A Bet?

Peyton sat across her desk staring in a pair of pale blue eyes. She already hated this man. Not only was he arrogant and sexist, but he had insulted her, worst of all he was right Webster would never had hired her if it weren't for the delicate matters. The matter she was staring at right now. She took a moment to take in his appearance. He was nothing what she expected. She never expected him to be so down right beautiful. His strategic tousled hair and perfect creamy skin tone made her want to weep. His beautiful pink full lips that curved up mischievously when he smiled. Don't get her started on his eyes, oh God. They were deep pulls of pale blue that swirled into dark orbs close to his pupil. He was the devil him self. He stood up and stretched his lean, muscular body. His muscled un knotted them selves under his neat and tailored suit. He was pure sex. Oh this day just kept getting worse.

"Miss Brooks it seems it's time for our first meeting." Stark Said.

She nodded and straightened her skirt and shirt and followed him out of the office. He led her to a large conference room, seated at the end of the table was a man in a cowboy hat and had a women with huge blonde hair. There was no other way to explain it. She was wearing all pink and looked way younger than the mid 40s man. He stood and smiled shaking Stark's hand.

"It's great to meet you again Mr. Reed." He said.

"Please, call me Stark." Stark said smiling.

"This is my business partner Peyton Brooks." Stark said.

Peyton stuck out her hand to the man.

"Hi there little lady. My name is James Wilson." he said shaking her hand.

Peyton smiled.

"It's great to finally meet you, Mr. Wilson." She said.

"This is my eighth wife Cynthia Wilson." He said.

Peyton smiled sticking out her hand again.

"Mrs. Wilson." She said.

She looked over at Stark who was currently undressing Mr. Wilson's wife with his eyes. Peyton rolled her eyes and stood at the front of the table.

"Well I see that Stark is currently busy, entertaining. So I'll start the meeting. I have only had a brief over veiw of your file. I must say Mr. Wilson I am impressed." Peyton Started.

Stark's attention snapped to Peyton.

"What do you think you are doing?" He whispered.

Peyton smiled and chuckled.

"Mr. Reed. I am starting the meeting just like we discussed. What is that is so important that it causes for a interruption? I nor do Mr. and Mrs. Wilson have time for you to be social with Mrs. Wilson. So please sit down." Peyton said asserting her dominance.

Stark looked up at her star struck. He couldn't believe she had just put him in his place. Not to mention called him out on lusting after Mrs. Wilson in front of Mr. Wilson.

Mrs. Wilson blushed and giggled and Mr. Wilson looked over at Stark and gave him a dirty look. Oh good God they would be lucky if they didn't lose this client. Thanks to the little vixen and her antics. He had to admit that her independent attitude was incredibly sexy. She was a woman who could take care of business.

"Now Mr. Wilson I noticed that you have made some spectacular investments since your last meeting here with us. I've notice you have made around 400 million in the steel business?" She said looking at the file.

"That's correct Miss Brooks. I realize it was risky move, you know not consulting you guys and all, but it felt like the right call to make." He said.