Miss Independent.

OKAY so short intro. This will be the only chapter in 1st person. I wanted to do first person so you could get a personal look into each ones mind. But now that they have met i'm going to do 3rd person because it's easier because there is going to be a lot of conflict between the 2. So yeah hope you like this better than the original leave some feed back I saved the original so if you prefer that let me know and i'll post it in a seperate story and continue the rest as planned. Thanks :) 

  Miss Independent.

Chapter 1: The Boss.

I walked into my new office for the first day of my new career. My nerves were going haywire. I still didn't understand how I landed this job with just getting out of college. Sure my grades and credits were flawless. It still struck me as odd how a new college grad landed a CEO position, not only a CEO but first female CEO. I was the boss. I took a deep breath and smiled as I opened the lobby door. There was a blonde sitting at the reception desk. She had on heavy make up and dressed less than appropriate for the office. She smiled brightly at me and tilted her head a little. Air head. I thought.

"Hiya! Welcome to Webster and Reed. How can I help ya?" She asked with her southern accent. It made her sound even more like an air head.

I looked at her puzzled.

"Webster and Reed? Maybe I have the wrong building. I'm Peyton Brook's." I said.

Her eyes grew wide.

"No Miss Brook's I'm sorry I wasn't expecting you to be a lady. Forgive me." She said.

I sighed and nodded.

"Could you please show me to my office?" I asked.

She looked nervous.

"Um let me call your assistant Lisa, she will explain everything to you." She said.

I smiled politely and nodded. I walked over and took a seat and waited. After a few minutes of waiting a petite tan women walked out. Her hair was short cut but still stylish. Her lips were nude with a light gloss. She was smiled brightly at me holding a clip board with a blue tooth in her ear.

"Miss Brook's I'm very pleased to assist you. I'm Lisa Jacobs." She said sticking her hand out.

I stood and shook her hand.

"Very pleased to be working for the company. I'm sure if you could show me to my office I'd like to get started." I said.

She nodded.

"Of course. I'll explain everything in the elevator." She said.

Once we were in the elevator she sighed.

"It seems that when the board gave you the job they didn't explain everything to you." She said.

I just looked at her confused.

"I suppose not." I said.

"Well, it seems you will have a partner." She said.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

She swallowed and nodded.

"It's unfortunate. Stark Reed. He recently bought over 55% of the stocks which is more than what you will own as the CEO. Which makes him your boss and partner. It shouldn't be to bad though. He owns a lot of other businesses and tons of investments all over the world. Currently he is in Japan he isn't due back until tomorrow." She said.

I groaned.

"You have got to be kidding me! How long has be owned that many stocks?" I asked.

She gulped.