Chapter 26; Erik's pov

Daroga and I were sitting at the table, happily chatting. Mina and Christine were still shopping.

"Erik, are you enjoying parenthood?

Of course Daroga. How are you? About to be married?

A bit frightened.

Why?

Because. Marriage is a big step Erik.

I know Daroga. But married life isn't scary. Its wonderful!"

He smiled nervously.

"Ah, Daroga I never thought I'd live to see it. You about to be married. Me, married with a child."

I smiled at the thought of my son and wife. They had such a tight grasp on my heart.

"Erik, I'm so happy for you. You're finally happy. You've finally come to know what having a family is like.

Thank you Daroga."

I clapped him on the shoulder with a warm smile. We Decided to go on a stroll and peek at the renovations. There was nobody here except for Daroga and I, so we were free to wonder about the building. Daroga led the way through the tunnels. Silently we walked at a hurried pace. I was anxious to see what the opera house now looked like. Daroga opened the mirror and we both wandered through the building. Daroga went on his own and I went off by myself. I strolled to the theatre, where the stage was. Everything was different.

The chairs were all lined with black velvet. The stage was a dark oak wood. The chandelier was beautiful. It was gold, or appeared to be. Crystals dripped from every inch of it. Being as wealthy as Waldhammer was, I assumed it was real crystal. There was beautiful artwork painted on the ceiling. Angels and cherubs singing. I was a bit upset that it was so different. That it wasn't the same theatre where I had first seen Christine perform. But it was very nice.

Authors Note:

I'm sorry it's so short. it's more of a filler chapter. It'll be better tomorrow I promise!!!