Chapter 19; Erik's POV

Five months later...

The renovations on the theatre had finally stopped. Christine was very pregnant. She waddled around like an old woman. I chuckled whenever she tried to sit or get up, she needed my help. Even to use the toilet she needed help. Yesterday's paper said that today, Friday night the Opera Populaire was to reopen after almost two and a half years. Waldhammer had been very obedient. I had received my money, and not only had Christine's dressing room remained untouched, but all the dressing rooms on that floor. I was very pleased with Waldhammer. He left me 20,000 Francs every other week!! No, not a month, every other week! I lived comfortably before, but now...

Christine was just waking up. I was preparing her a cup of tea. She was making little moaning and stretching noises. I smiled. They were the cutest things I had ever heard.

"Erik?"

She yawned.

"Coming love."

I took two teacups to our room. As soon as I entered her face lit up. She pulled me into bed as I handed her her tea.

"Thank you Erik.

Of course."

I gently kissed her and smiled. We laid and and drank our tea.

"How are you feeling today?

I'm well. Mina and Daroga are going to be coming to stay with us.

Ah yes, that's right. You're due any day now. "

I replied cooly. Internally I was terrified. Christine would be bringing our child into the world any day now. The thought scared and excited me. I'm going to be a father very soon.

Just as I was finishing my tea I heard voices. Went to see who it was.

"Christine, stay here.

Considering I need your help to move. I guess I will."

She chuckled. I saw Mina and Daroga standing across the lake. Mina had a small suitcase in her hands. In his arms, Daroga had two suitcases, two large blankets, two pillows and a purse.

"Hello Daroga! Mina! What've you got there? Enough to move in by the looks of it?

Well, we didn't know what you had for us!

And I needed to bring things for Christine."

She patted the suitcase she was holding. I got in the boat and crossed the lake. Mina and Daroga climbed into the boat with their luggage. I shook my head as Daroga handed me the bags, pillows and blankets before he climbed in.

"Where's Chrisine?

She's in bed, she needs help to do almost everything. It's quite funny actually.

Oh, poor dear."

We all hopped out of the boat. Daroga gathered his and Mina's belongings. Mina ran into my bedroom and I showed Daroga where they'd be staying. Although it had been made into a nursery, the spare room still had a bed in it. After he put there things down he followed me into my bedroom, where Christine and Mina were talking and looking at the things Mina had brought.

"This is for the baby."

Mina was telling Christine.

"Hello you two how're you?

Wonderful, and you Daroga?

I'm wonderful.

How about we all go to the front room?

That sounds fun."

I helped Christine up and we all went to the sofa. I guided Christine, holding her hand the whole time. I helped her sit down and sat close to her. Daroga and Mina pulled two chairs from the table and sat near us.

"Does anyone need anything? Food or a beverage?

I'm fine.

No, I'm right.

No thank you."

We all sat, chatting about nothing.