Chapter 28: Found out

Start from the beginning

Bang

It felt as though time slowed down to a halt. She was moments away from saying my name but as soon as she went to say it my finger squeezed the trigger pointing towards her frame. But as soon as I pulled the trigger she stood up causing the bullet to fly into her stomach and not her head as I had hoped.

"Shit". I collapsed back and hid behind the car. I could hear James shouting and Isabella comforting Jessica.

Fuck she's not dead yet.

A part of me wanted to storm in and shoot Jessica and James and take Bella far away with me. But it wasn't logical. It wasn't what Anthony wanted.

I stared up to see all the shutters falling over the doors and windows. It was a precaution I knew all too well. I could no longer see inside the office, but I knew I had to flee. James would've informed his guards by now and would probably rush to find whoever the intruder was.

Unlocking my car with haste I jumped into the drivers seat and switched the car on faster than you could blink. The engine roared as I sped out of the estate crashing into the gates not caring that they now laid on the ground broken off their hinges.

The speaker device rested on the chair next to me. I could still hear loud alarms and Bella's voice soothing Jessica as she coughed and sputtered up blood.

"W-who's working with my father. Is there a spy amongst my men?".

I suddenly pulled over to the side of the road upon hearing James' deep voice. This was it. This was the moment everything comes crashing down. Bella was in the room as well as James. Would she ever willing come with me after hearing I was a spy? Would she ever love me if she found out I was the one who killed her dog. What would she see in me?

Perhaps I should just take her. James did it and she's fallen in love with him. Perhaps she could be in another 'accident' and forget the real man that I man.

"Come on Jessica, fight" Bella whispered softly making my heart skip a beat. Jessica coughed loudly and gasped for breath. Thankfully she was in her last moments of life and hopefully to my advantage would never expose my name.

"C-Chase".

My hands trembled uncontrollably on the steering wheel, my body shaking slightly as the reality had sunk in. They both knew. It was game over. Grabbing the speaker device I threw it out the window in rage. I was done playing this game. I was done being second best. It was time to reveal the real monster that I had concealed for a very long time. I would show them who the real villain is.

James' POV

The shutters had fallen over all the windows and doors. My guards had surrounded the house with their guns at the ready. For all we knew there could be an unannounced attack on the house, so we had to be prepared. Men ran to the area behind the house and searched for the intruder who could still be waiting around ensuring Jessica's death. But there was no sign of him. I was still shaken by all the information she through at me.

My father? Still alive and wanting revenge. God knows how many people he has working for him. And what will happen when we finally come face to face. What will happen to Isabella? I have to keep her as far away from Anthony as possible for everyone knows that she is my ultimate weakness. And the most shocking by far. Chase. My second in command. The man who I grew up with. The man who knew the cruelty of my father and occasionally faced his wrath at times too. I didn't trust him completely since he tried to escape with Isabella, but to join forces with a man who wants me dead was beyond me.