chapter 14

Cara and Ariana's apartment hadn't changed since the last time she saw it, even though she was quite sure that the sofa where she was sat in the living room and the coffee table were different.

When she and Camila landed in Washington, Ariana had been waiting for them at the airport with a big smile and a few nice words of circumstance, before starting to remind y/n her duties. While Adam was going to take the car, Ariana had updated her on the developments and the lawyer had already listed the appointments that were waiting for y/n.

Y/n was surprised that Camila hadn't run like hell as soon as they reached the parking lot, seing how they had found Cara  sitting on the hood of the car, sunglasses on her nose, a mischievous smile on her lips and a revealing outfit: a pair of shorts barely covering her legs, a black tank top that was supposed to cover the red bikini she was wearing, in fact it did nothing but draw attention right on her breasts.

When Cara had invited camila to the gay pride, y/n had assumed that she would have refused. The rest of their week was over, she had no more “obligations” but Camila had surprised her by accepting willingly with a big smile on her lips.

Y/n had been even more surprised when Camila had got in the car with both of them without hesitation. So Y/n had dismissed Adam and she had extended an invitation to him to attend the parade, before climbing into the passenger seat beside Ariana, looking worried at Cara in the back seat. She was starting to shell Camila with lots of questions.

At that moment y/n was sitting on that new sofa in her lawyer's apartment and she was watching cara put makeup on her wife.

“Am I wrong or this is a different table?” y/n asked no longer able to hold back her curiosity.

“You're right.” cara said, without turning around. “The other was broken, so it was inevitable.”

Y/n frowned. “How did it break?” she asked confused.

Cara gave her a casual glance but y/n clearly caught the mischievous grin that was painted on her lips. “We celebrated our anniversary and we got carried away by the moment.”

Y/n was more and more confused. “But your anniversary is in a couple of months.”

Cara chuckled. “I did not speak of our wedding anniversary.”

There was a long moment of silence in which y/n estimated the chance of going into that but she decided to let the subject drop, because she was sure that it was involved some sexual object that she wanted to stay unaware of.

“I hope that at least the sofa has not been involved in such activities.”

“Who do you think you are talking to, Y/L/N? Of course it was involved!” Ariana said with a laugh.

“Stay still.” Cara warned.

Y/n shook her head and raised the glass to her lips but a small smile curved her lips and once more she realized how much she wanted a relationship such as theirs one day. She watched them for a few more minutes and Camila finally made her entrance into the room and y/n had to rely on all her self-control not to allow her tea go down in the wrong pipe.

Y/n swallowed and her eyes went on the extended skin she could see. Camila had made a knot to her plaid shirt that she had decided to wear, leaving open the top buttons allowing everyone to see the white bikini below. The knot was placed perfectly under her breasts and the shorts revealed the wonderful skin of her tanned thighs.

“Ariana, you look great!” Camila said after looking at the work that Cara was doing on her wife.

“Well, what did you expect? My wife is brilliant.”