Chapter 11

Dusk's POV

___________________________

Thresh growled at me, but it was a happy growl. I had figured out the perfect way to get Dawn to confess that she loved me. Thresh had a similar plan with Lupa.

"Dusk?" I heard a voice ask. Too young to be Dawn's voice. I turned around to find the young girl we recruited earlier. Phoebe. "What is it Phoebe?" Phoebe shyly stood there for a moment before hugging me automatically, and standing on her toes to kiss me. I was in shock for a few seconds, but I quickly pushed her away. "Why'd you push me away? Didn't you like it? Don't you like me? Because I really like you." She said, nervously but coyly.

"Look, Phoebe, it's not you, but you saw that girl earlier? Dawn? With the blonde hair and bright blue eyes?" She nodded, "That's my girlfriend. And...well I really love her, Phoebe. If I hadn't met her.....I'd be all alone. I'm sorry, Phoebe, but if you're asking me to date you....I just can't."

She looked ready to cry, but then looked über-angry. She pulled Robin out of the bag she was carrying and said, "Robin, ATTACK!!!" But Robin looked confused, and she only chirped and landed on my shoulder, not sure why she should be attacking. Phoebe angrily stomped away growling, with a confused Robin following.

I wasn't sure what to say about that, but I knew for a fact that I was grateful Phoebe's animal was a robin. Wolves would attack if their owner asked them to, but not other animals.

I went outside and said hello to Dawn. My heart skipped in my chest. Tomorrow, she would be mine. "You said it wouldn't take more than fifteen minutes," Dawn said. "It didn't." I replied, but I didn't tell her about Phoebe. I promised I would tell her tomorrow, and her confusion disappeared.

I held her to my chest as she fell asleep. Tomorrow, our whole lives would lose their perspectives.