Chapter 18

Dusk's POV
________________________________

Wolves often try to put on a show to choose mates, and I could see Phoebe was dragged into the wolves tradition for this one. Phoebe went first, and what they were doing? I had no idea until Phoebe came up to me.

She danced, and danced well. With a beauty that was seen by no others, I'm sure. It was flawless. After dancing for a while, she attempted to come closer to me, to which I backed away. She looked upset, but backed away and made room for Dawn.

When I said that Phoebe danced well, I meant it. But Dawn was so much better. She danced with a beauty that disguised danger and threat, similar to a way wolves hunt. She did the same thing Phoebe did, and tried to come closer to me. But this was Dawn, so I let her. Phoebe was upset, but kept watching.

Dawn pressed herself against me, and I grabbed her hips to still her. She stopped, but pushed against me, making me groan. She giggled at my reaction, loving it herself. I blushed, but she kissed me and made my forget my blushing.

Phoebe was beyond angry. It was clear who won. I lightly but insistently pushed Dawn away from me. Dawn nodded in understanding. Phoebe smirked, but the smirk slid off her face when it was clear I wasn't rejecting Dawn, just nudging her away.

Phoebe looked confused, and for good reason. I was looking at Dawn like I was going to devour her face or something, and yet, couldn't let her get close to me. Dawn looked ready to comfort me, but stayed back. She knows I fight this battle alone.

I clench my hands into fists and do the same with my jaw. I groan, but close my eyes and sigh. I opened my eyes, and saw a Dawn waiting for my signal, and a quite confused Phoebe. I nodded at Dawn, and Phoebe looked ready to pounce on me any minute and ask questions.

The passion in my eyes when I looked at Dawn was gone, but the love was not. Dawn rubbed my arm and smiled. She knew I was getting better with it.

I grinned, and started to tease her, talking lowly. "You know, you make it extremely hard to control myself, especially when you're right up against me." She smiled, seeing the playful glint in my eyes. Phoebe, poor but vengeful girl, still had no idea what was going on.