Chapter 9

Dusk's POV

_________________________________________

I had been hiding a secret from Dawn. One that she would figure out eventually, I'm sure, given how much I love her.

Thanks to my father, I have scars all over my back. As in, you can't look two inches from one scar to not find another. He always slashed me with knives, and hit me. I never said anything to Dawn, mostly because she would have one of two reactions.

She would either take care of me and my scars, or she would flip out, and run away screaming.

I just didn't know how to tell her. "Hey, Dusk, you ok?" I hear Dawn's sweet voice ask. Well, I guess it's story time.

"Do you really want to know?" I ask sadly.

"Of course, what's wrong?" She asked, frowning, concerned.

I sighed and pulled my shirt up over my head, turning so Dawn could see my back. She gasped, and I tensed, preparing for the worst.

I felt a gentle hand trace down my back, and I hissed in a breath. Some of those scars weren't scars just yet. They opened and bled every time I moved.

"Oh, Dusk....." She said, concerned. I didn't want her pity, though. I had lived through a lot, whereas she had lived a privileged life. We were headed to her parents' house, because the house she was in before was her summer vacation house. Her parents were rich. Yeah, don't ask.

Dawn refused to let me move without her healing it. We weren't completely stupid. She had brought a kit with peroxide in it. Oh joy, lucky me.

She bandaged the newer scars, the open ones, and we went on to her parents' house.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked, and I sighed.

"I didn't know what you'd do. Whether you'd run away, or stay. It scared me to think that you might run away. So, I his them." I said.

"Wait, I remember you flinched..." She said, and I nodded.

"My father slashed me about three days ago." I answered.

"THREE DAYS??? How deep were those wounds, Dusk?" She asked, and I shrugged. Not because I was protecting him, but because I really didn't know. Thresh always growled before he inflicted a fatal cut or blow.

She let it go, and we reached her parents house at last. All this in one day. And MAN was I hungry. Dawn knocked on the door, and her father answered and let us in. He knew about our wolves, and me, so we got in and quickly went to separate rooms. I got a guest room, and Dawn got her room.

I was completely tired from traveling, but I couldn't fall asleep, even though it was 11:00 at night. I tossed, unable to get my mind to stop thinking about Dawn. I could feel my desire burning in my stomach, but I pushed it down. I wouldn't take advantage of her.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Dawn. I looked up at her tired eyes and asked what was wrong. She couldn't sleep either, apparently. I opened my arms, and she quickly snuggled into them. I didn't even care that there would be a price to pay in the morning.