Chapter 16

Dawn's POV
___________________________

"W-What do you want from me?" Dusk's brother asked. I heard him call him Twil, but I'm assuming that the name was a nickname.

"Twilight," Dusk said, answering my unasked question, "we need you to interpret a dream I had."

Twilight laughed loudly, and said, "Dusk, I'm a vet. Not a dream interpreter. Well, maybe for her I would be." He said pointedly, winking at me. I shuddered in repulsion, and knew that Dusk was getting angry.

"Please, Twilight, just do this for us." I finally said, enunciating 'us'. Dusk smiled at me weakly, but looked away. I guess I'd have to ask him about that later.

Twilight sighed but quickly explained everything to us. Phoebe wanted revenge, revenge for Dusk choosing me over her. We also found out that Robin would not change into an eagle, thank goodness. Twilight said he thought this was the case because he studied animal behaviors. We kindly thanked him, and left.

Phoebe trailed behind us as we found somewhere safe to sleep that night, in a grove between trees.

"What was that back there?" I asked Dusk. "Why did you smile then look away from me? You know I love you."

He smiled weakly again, then sat down on the ground as I did too. He started to explain, but I could tell this was something that he hated.

"When I was younger," he started to say, "Twil got everything. The attention, the girls, the love from our father..." He spat. "But when Thresh came along, things were finally going my way. I could speak to father without being afraid, and I had you, too." He broke off, smiling at me, intertwining our fingers. "But when he told you he would interpret that dream for you, not me....I guess I was just scared of losing you. Twil gets everything he wants." He looked down, afraid to meet my eyes.

I answered him honestly, telling him the truth. "Except me." Dusk looked at me like he didn't believe me and didn't understand why I would choose him over his brother. "You really believe that I think he's better? I love you, not him. Besides, his ego needs to be knocked down a few pegs."

Dusk simply stared at me, and his eyes grew dilated. He growled lowly, and I shivered. He kissed me roughly, pushing me down to the ground. Dusk hovered overtop me and kissed my neck, making me moan. He smiled into my neck, and pulled me back up.

"I love you Dawn." He said, his voice and eyes telling the truth. I smiled and replied, "I love you too."

Dusk laid down next to me and fell asleep instantly. I did too, but not before I caught a glimpse of Phoebe's eyes. The normally doe-brown eyes glowed red.