Chapter 3

Dusk's POV

_________________________________________

I insisted Dawn take the other half of the bed, since she always makes me take it. I feel bad when she takes the floor. It's her own house, she shouldn't sleep own the floor. Besides, I had started to crush on my best friend. Ever since I was twelve.

Just as she started to drift off, I wrapped my arms around her and hoped she didn't pull away. I really liked her, and I think I loved her. She snuggled into my chest and I smiled. She seemed to like it.

The next morning we got up, called for our wolves, and left. I was thinking about Dawn when we stopped to take a break. I was sitting on a rock when I felt wetness on my hand. I looked down to find Thresh pushing his nose into my hand. He looked concerned.

"It's ok, buddy. I was thinking about Dawn." I explain. He heard about Dawn before, so he wagged his tail and yipped, telling me to go for it. A lot of people thought your animal couldn't understand you, but that was not the case. They were extremely smart.

Thresh yipped at me once more before running joyously over to Lupa. I'll give him that, Thresh really loved Lupa. Lupa seemed to love him back. They were more in a relationship than Dawn and I were. I decided to take Thresh's word (or yip) and go for it.

"Hey, Dawn, can I talk to you for a minute?"