Chapter 8

Dawn's POV

_________________________________________

I couldn't believe Dusk just killed his father like he didn't matter. I knew he beat him up, but that's no reason to kill somebody!!!

Lupa growled at me, as I had been talking aloud. "I don't care if he hears me!" I yell, turning to face my white wolf. She growled at me once more, telling me he couldn't hear if he tried. I was confused, until I looked around and realized he wasn't with us. Neither was Thresh.

"Why didn't you tell me?!?" I panic-yelled at Lupa. She growled, her way of telling me she tried to but that I didn't listen.

At this, I started to cry. It was pathetic, but I didn't know what to do. It was my fault, but I missed Dusk so much.

I doubled back the way Lupa and I came. I saw Dusk and Thresh lying by a rock. Thresh saw us and began to growl. Lupa nuzzled him, but I couldn't get close to Thresh. I saw Dusk lying by the rock, looking depressed.

"Dusk?" I asked.

"Why'd you come back?" He asked sounding miserable.

"I missed you. I hadn't realized you weren't with me. I'm sorry." I said. It took him a minute, but he responded.

"I just didn't want him to hurt you. He would've killed you. I just.....I love you, Dawn, and I didn't want him to harm you." He said with tears in his eyes.

Thresh realized his human master was in pain, and he whined. I took advantage of his distraction and pushed towards Dusk. I took his face in my hands and said, "I'm sorry Dusk. I never realized....though I should have. I'm sorry." I lowered my forehead to his and he growled. Looks like my Dusk was back.

He flipped us so I was underneath him. I shivered slightly, remembering what he said about losing control. His eyes were heated as he kissed me. He ran his hands through my silky blonde hair. I moaned as he kissed my neck and collarbone. He stopped at the spot he had sucked earlier, and sucked hard. I groaned, and breathily called his name. He growled, sucking harder. Yep, definitely going to bruise.

Eventually, he let me up. I tried to apologize again, but he cut me off with a light kiss, telling me he didn't want to hear it. My life was great, so why did I get the feeling that something was terribly wrong?