Chapter 10

Dawn's POV

___________________________

I opened my eyes to find that both Lupa and Thresh were, on the floor, sleeping peacefully next to each other. I could feel Dusk's arms around me, and I was glad that I had told him I couldn't sleep. He always protected me and made me feel safe, whether I was in danger or not.

Dusk woke up, so we went downstairs with our wolves and found out from my parents that there was a thirteen-year-old girl named Phoebe that had a spirit animal robin that was, ironically, named Robin. My parents knew things, deal with it I guess.

Dusk and I (and Lupa and Thresh) set off to look for her and ask her to stay with us. "Who's there?" I scared voice asked when we reached the woods. "Show yourself!" The feminine voice called, but her body was hidden behind trees. "We could say the same to you." Dusk replied, and the figure stepped out. The slightly smaller girl had a robin on her shoulder.

"Is your name Phoebe?" I asked. She nodded, and saw our wolves. "Can I stay with you guys, I really don't have a home, and Robin gets sad when there aren't other people around..." She said, and Dusk, knowing it was upsetting to live alone, said yes immediately.

I noticed Phoebe eyeing Dusk as we waked back, and I figured I would have to watch out for that. Nobody was stealing him from me. I guess I've been spending too much time with Lupa.

I sat outside that night, alone. Dusk was inside, he said he had a job to do. Something with Thresh. Phoebe was in her new room, letting Robin fly around. "Dawn?" I heard a voice ask. It was Dusk, no shock there. I smiled at him. "Why didn't you come out earlier? You said it would only take about fifteen minutes." I question, as Dusk never lies. "It didn't."

I was confused, and it must have shown on my face, because Dusk said, "I'll tell you tomorrow. So what'd I miss in this peaceful atmosphere?" He said, and I smiled at the teasing tone in his voice, snuggling into his black jacket, falling asleep in a few minutes.