Gotham Academy Samantha

Start from the beginning

Back in class everyone had to pair up to make the puzzles work.  Tony garbed Samantha's hand.  I found my partner Miss." Tony said.  "Very good Tony, and Samantha.  You may go and get your two puzzles." Miss Marilyn said.  "Bruce who are you going to pick?" She asked him.  "I think Jessica." Bruce said she was sitting next to him.  "Good you two can go get your puzzles." Miss said.  This went on until everyone had a partner to do the puzzles with.  They worked hard on the puzzles.  Tony while he worked talked and talked.  "So is it exciting living with the cop." Tony asked.  God did he have to she thought.  "Jim is fine to live with." Samantha said.  "So dose he have a gun at home?" Tony asked.  "I don't know." Samantha said.  "So dose he talk about the criminals?" Tony asked.  "I don't talk with him much." Samantha said.  "But he must have things he talks about?  who is his partner?  Do they do steak outs?  Is it dangerous? There is so much I would ask him." Tony said.  "Well you should come over one day and say hello." Samantha said without thinking.  "Yes that would be so great." Tony said.  They worked in silence for a few moments.  "So when can I come?" Tony asked Her.  "I don't know.  I will give you Mummy's phone number.  Oh and I will tell her about it after school." Samantha said.  "Thank you Samantha.  I think you are the best." Tony said.  "Thanks.  Miss we have finished." Samantha said.  The school day continued on with the usual chatter and laughter. 

"So he wants to know when he can come over." Samantha said to them that night.  "You already have friends that want to come over.  Now that was Quick Samantha." Jim said smileing at her.  "I had other friends that come over for a visit." Samantha said.  "Oh I never meant that.  It's just this is a boy.  He wants to come over to play with you?" Jim asked.  "No he wants to talk to you about your work.  I don't think you should book the church just yet." Samantha said glaring at Jim.  "I am so sorry Samantha.  I do hope Tony likes you because you are you. Not because I am your new Dad." Jim said.  Samantha did not get a chance to answer.  The phone rang. "Hello?" Jim said.  "Yes I will get her." Jim said. placing the phone on the hall table.  "Samantha is it for you." Jim said.  "Who is that?" Barbara asked.  "I think it is Tony." Jim said with a laugh.  "Hello?" Samantha said.  "Samantha, It's Tony.  How are you?" He asked.  "Fine. What do you want?" Samantha said a frown on her face.  "I wanted to ask when I could come over?" Tony asked.  "Hang on I will have to get my Mum." Samantha said.  "OK then I will get mine." Tony said.  "Mummy phone." Samantha bellowed from the hall.  Barbara got on the phone to talk with Mrs Wayne.

Barbara came back to the table with a grin form ear to ear.  They want us to go to tea on Saturday afternoon." Barbara said her head still in the clouds.  "Well that will be nice for you and Samantha.  Are you taking Rachel with you?" Jim asked.  "No, but they did ask if you would come." Barbara asked.  "Oh.  Well I guess I could manage that." Jim said feeling more than a little bit of pride.  "So we are taking him to talk with Tony on Saturday." Samantha asked.  "You can go to your room. I will speak to you later." Barbara said to her.  Samantha got up with a sigh.  "Sorry Jim." She said as she walked off.  "She did say Sorry Barbara." Samantha heard Jim say to Barbara.  Samantha smiled.  She still had it.  Just like her Mummy had tought her to do.  Use what you have like a weapon.  

Saturday came around very quickly.  They loaded up into the car.  Leaving baby Rachel with Nanny Katie.  As they pulled up into the drive way.  Barbara taking it all in.  She was just so excited to be here.  The old man that Samantha had seen at school opened the door.  "Good afternoon.  This way please." Alfred said leading them into the lounge.  Tony run into the room with excitement.  "I seen you arrive. Hello Miss Kean, Mr Gordon.  Samantha come sit with me." he said to her as they all sat.  "Hello, Mrs?" Thomas asked as he entered the room.  "It's Miss actually.  Miss Kean." Barbara said.  "Oh, This is my wife Martha. As you have seen that is Tony, our youngest.  Then there is Bruce." Thomas Wayne said.  "Nice to meet you Miss Kean.  Mr ?" Martha asked. "I am so sorry.  This is my fiance Jim Gordon." Barbara said with a smile.   "Nice to meet you Jim Gordon." Thomas said shaking his hand.  "Same thank you." Jim said.  "So when is the big day?" Martha asked.  That was the key.  That sent the girls off.  Then Bruce asked Jim about his work.  That set Thomas and Jim off on a long talk.  "You would think they were old friends." Tony said to Samantha with a smile.  "Yes, don't know what happened, but it just seemed to work out well." Samantha said.  "Tea sir, Mam." Alfred said placing the tea tray down on the small table.  "Thank You Alfred." Martha said with a smile.  He bowed and disappeared into the house again.  He returned later with a tea tray.   Laden with pastes and drinks of cold home made lemonade for the children.  He said.   

"Would you like a lemonade?" Tony asked Samantha politely as always..  "Thanks." Samantha said.  They sat together drinking and laughing.  Talking about the kids at school. "Have you heard of a girl named Jade Qunizel? Or Selina Kyle?"Samantha asked.  "No I think I know most of the kids in school.  But I don't know her name." Tony said.  "They are my friends.  I think they live in the Narrows." Samantha said.  "We could go there to look for them if you like? But we would have to take your Dad." Tony said.  "No thank you.  Oh and p;ease don't tell my Jim." Samantha said.  "Of course not. Want more cake?" Tony asked.  "Yes Please.  I like this." Samantha said.  "Yes Alfred will not tell us how to make it." Tony said with a laugh.  "Alfred, is he the one that let us in?" Samantha asked.  "Yes." Tony said.  "He seems cool." Samantha said.  "Cooler than you would think." Tony said with a smile.   

Later that night at home, Barbara still reeling in the fact that she had just been to see The Wayne's.  At Wayne Mannor no less.  Samantha sighed as she went off to her room.  She was sitting looking at her doll, when a knock came at the window.  Samantha went to the french windows in her room.  She opened the door.  There stood. "Jade and Sena. I am so happy to see you two." Samantha said as she give them both a big hug.  They were her friends, she had made a connection with them.  Just like Tony had made a connection with her.  Jade and Sena slipped into Samantha's room.  "I though ya might like, not want to talk to us.  Ya know after going to that school." Jade said with a smile and a giggle.  "I know rich folks huh?  But I have found a friend.  Tony Wayne." Samantha said. "The Tony Wayne? Tell us about him?" Jade asked.  Samantha did just that.  Including his catch phrase.  "Girls were meant to tease and please.  Never to abuse." Tony said his grandfather used to tell him.  "Now he dose sound cool." Jade said with a giggle  "What about Bruce?" Selina asked from her position on the window seat. ........................................... .....................................................................