Prologue

Five year old, Selina Kyle run down the street

Five year old, Selina Kyle run down the street.  "Come on Jade." She called to her four year old friend.  "I coming Sena." Jade said with a giggle as she run to catch up to Selina.  Sena was the nickname Jade had given Selina.  She could not quite get her hole name out.  Selina did not mind, she thought it was kinda funny.  The girls had never know life without each other.  Mary Kyle, Selina's Mum, and Sharon Quinzel, Jade's Mum.  Were best friends.  They had met by chance at the hospital.  Sharon while there having Jade.  Mary there for Selina's check up at outpatients.  The two met and become friends very quickly.  Now Jade and Selina were what you would call, non blood sisters. 

Today Mary and Sharon were taking the girls to the park to play.  They were working in a plan to leave Gotham together.  They just had to sought out some of the minor details.  Like Sharon was pregnant.  She was due to give birth any day now.  The discussion today was who they were going to get to look after the girls.  "Nick will find someone.  He is well connected with Fish Mooney." Sharon said.  "We could leave them at St Mary's." Mary said.  Remembering her home as a child.  The orphanage.  "I guess." Sharon said by now she had made the decision to go after the baby was borne.

"Mummy, Mummy I go swing?" Jade asked when they got to the park.  "Yes of you go." Sharon said sitting on the park bench.  "You alright?" Mary asked.  Sharon looked pale.  "Fine." Sharon said with a weak smile.  Jade and Selina pushed each other on the swings.  "So when baby comes, can we play with it?" Jade asked the all knowing five year old.  "I don't think so.  But we may be able to hold it for a time." Selina said.  "That sound boring." Jade replied.  "Yeah kind of dose don't it?" Selina said as the girls giggled.  "Hello." Said a small voice near the girls.  "Hello, who are you?" Jade asked.  "Samantha." The young four year old said.  "Want to play with us?" Selina asked.  "Yes please." Samantha said.  "I know lets play over on the slide." Jade said.  "OK." Samantha said with a sad smile.  "Is that your Mum and Dad?" Selina asked looking over at the young couple sitting on the other park bench.  "He's not my Dad.  He is a cop." Samantha said.  "I think your Mum is real pretty." Jade said to her.  "Thanks." Samantha said as the girls played some more.  "Is that your Mummy's?" Samantha asked.  "I have a Dad at home." Jade said.  "I don't have one." Selina said.  "Me nether.  But I did have two Mummy's once. I don't like Jim very much." Samantha said.  "He will probably get better.  Does he play with ya?  Like on the swings and stuff?" Jade asked. "No, wait sometimes he lets me ride in his cop car." Samantha said.   The three girls looked over at the man sitting with the pretty lady.  "Maybe not." Selina said.  Time fly's and it was time for the two girls to go.  "By Samantha." Jade and Selina called as they left the playground.  "Bye nice to meet you." Samantha said.  Samantha sighed.  "Well I hope Selina has better luck with a Dad than me." Samantha said as she stood watching Jim through half closed eyes.   

"Mummy can we stop and have ice cream on the way home please.  Please?" Jade asked Sharon.  "Why not." Mary replied.  Jade and Selina clapped.  They had never been so happy.  The park and Ice cream all in one day.  "So what are we having today?" Sharon asked Jade.  "Chocolate." Jade replied.  Like doesn't everyone like chocolate she thought?  "Selina?" Sharon asked.  "Strawberry." Selina said with a smile.  "You should try chocolate." Jade said as they slid into the booth.  "Na, I will share yours." Selina said teasing Jade.  "No it mine Sena.  Mummy Sena want my ice cream!" Jade cried.  "Enough you two." Mary said.  Both girls sat in silence eating, but still watching each other.