Would they still accept me over their beloved David? Will David bend the knee or will he stand for what he believes is his? Will he be able to watch me take what he believed was his all along? What he spend his whole life preparing for? Question after question made my head spin.

For a moment I paused to think that I was wrong... Didn't this all rightfully belong to me? David's family had taken away my true birthright and how we had to obey the rule of some other family? I had been through so much, first the unexpected marriage proposal, sure it turned out great at first but how could I forget the hardships and suffering I endured because of it? How miserable it made me in the end? The life altering circumstances I had been through?

I looked at David, he put me through so much pain this past year. Watching him with another... it broke my heart. Can forgiveness really be this easily handed out?

I was shocked at my train of thought. Was I really thinking like this about the man who loves me? Who did whatever he could to protect me? Who was giving everything up to stand by my side, to guide me, to protect me? Had I really changed that much? Why was I becoming such a bitter human- wait, I'm no longer human...

I saw David hide behind my closet door and mouthed that I should tell the servant to enter the room.

'I'm getting a little sick of this hide and seek game we seem to be playing.' I thought to him.

He simply winked at me before disappearing. 

I realized that the person who knocked on my door must have been waiting for an answer, but I also realized that time had not moved much and the interchange between me and David had taken mere seconds. I also realized that I could sense who was at the door. Seemed like a servant; maybe Sarah.

"Come in." I said, even my voice sounded more authoritative than I had meant it to sound.

"My Queen." She came in and bowed deeply and I was right, it was Sarah. My senses seemed quite sharp.

I nodded my head to show I had seen her bow and that she could stand back up.

"I have been asked to get you ready to come down for breakfast. Your first breakfast as Queen." Her voice laced with excitement, her eyes twinkling from enthusiasm.

I nodded.

'I'll just sneak out and come back later.' He projected to me.

'I love you!' I interjected to him before he could leave and my heart was filled with so much love that I knew I had gotten my I love you too response. Had I said this out of habit or were my feelings coming back?

Before Sarah could sense anything, he sped out of my room.

The moment he left I felt so empty. Is this how vampires felt? So... dead from the inside? Then how did David love me so much? Why couldn't I feel anything? If this was normal it would be so depressing to be going through life without caring. Having all the time in the world yet not living to the fullest. Is that the price of eternity? The price of being immortal?

I didn't have to do much except wait for Sarah to do everything.

She put me in a gorgeous off-shoulder royal blue dress that seemed to fit my torso flawlessly and flowed on the ground in smooth waves reminding me of the ocean. My collar bones prominently on display.