Just a kiss goodbye

Disclaimer! Mine mine all mine!

Just a kiss goodbye..

I couldn't help feel a pang of betrayal. It was ironic wasn't it? My own best friend- or should I say former best friend had waged war against me as payback. He had once claimed he loved me, and recently wanted me to run away with him but his actions prove he doesn't care whether I live or die.

How could he disappoint me like this? How could be betray me like this?

It was my fault, I never should've let him enter this castle, I wish I had known it would come to this, I would've done things differently.

Never had this kingdom been at such a disadvantage of the enemy knowing the precise whereabouts of the castle.

Enemy.... I paused thinking that I had just thought of Daniel as an enemy of the state.

I recalled the words of someone who had bitterly said to me that I would be the reason for the fall of David's empire, that I would be the death of him.

It sure felt like that was possible now since I was the reason this was happening in the first place. I was going to go down as the worst person in the history if this all went downhill. The one responsible for all this destruction.

When I saw David shake me, I realized that I had frozen in place.

What kind of a ruler was I? Clearly, I was the kind who froze in the face of terror.

"Listen to me." he said intently, "Everything is going to be okay."

He grabbed me and the next minute we were in an underground facility with all the other royals- my family and his.

There were screens and monitors everywhere. The door too had a camera showing the lobby on the other side with a huge red button next to the door.

I saw David's fingers moving faster than lightening on the keyboard to see all the angles of the cameras that covered the castle. I hadn't even noticed that we had so much surveillance.

"I got a message from Daniel. It's them." I said informing everyone about my traitorous best friend.

Without looking at me he said "the hunters are working with the veneer werewolves" as if he already knew.

My grandfather looked at David in surprise and said "but they were supposed to be dead. They're vicious that's why they had to be eliminated."

"No, they haven't been dead, I've been keeping an eye on them. The hunters and the werewolves were working together; it was just a matter of time that they would've attacked us for a power play and what would be a better time to do it than now- when the whole kingdom is divided between you and me."

"There is no divide."

David chuckled "I wish you knew your people as well as I did."

He out on an armor and put it on including a microphone piece in his ear. With that he started barking orders that were too difficult for me to comprehend.

"What are you doing?" interrupted my grandfather. "Give that to me, this is not your job, it is Elizabeth's and if she can't then I will. You are no king." He tried to grab David but David growled, grabbed his collar and banged him in a wall. I had never seen him like this.

"I've had enough of you! My kingdom is under attack, we're already weakened in the public eye because of your ridiculous revenge scheme. You've had your time in the limelight and now if you have nothing positive to contribute then shut the fuck up and don't waste my time!"