"Cass, your wrong. Very wrong. Saint will love a child that is his regardless. Trust me on this one. I see what kind of person he is despite his PAST mistakes." Lisa emphasized.

"Maybe your right. I don't know." I sighed, getting up from the bed.

"I say...you go and take an actual pregnancy test..." Lisa proposed.

"That seems like my only option as of right n-" I spoke before Lisa cut me off.

"...with him. In his presence." She spoke.

I took a deep breath. I didn't know how Saint would even react.

"Okay. I'm gonna stop home first." I sighed, grabbing my bag.

"You need a ride home?" She asked.

"Yeah. I do actually." I said.

Lisa grabbed her car keys from her dresser, following me down stairs. I couldn't help but worry. I never done anything like this before. Just like I haven't had sex before or even orgasmed.

I hopped into the passenger seat of Lisa's car, buckling my seat belt. I took a deep breath.

"Everything will be okay." Lisa said, squeezing my arm.

I looked out of the window, taking a deep breath. I just hoped Lisa was right.

The car ride was silent but a comfortable silence. I was just glad to get home. I hopped out the car, giving Lisa a kiss on the cheek before leaving her.

I walked up to my front door, ringing the doorbell. Looking to the side, I could see Christin's car in the driveway. She was still home. I was surprised because usually the day after Thanksgiving she's gone to hang out with her college friends.

Someone answered the door, breaking me out of my deep thoughts. I looked up at who it was.

"Hey ma." I said, forcing a smile on my face.

"Hey Cass. What's wrong? You look preoccupied." My mom said, noticing my vibe was off.

"Nothing. I'm just really tired. Me and Saint stayed up damn there all night watching movies. Then I stopped at Lisa's to drop something off to her." I lied, walking into the living room.

She closed the door behind me. "Well now that your home, you could rest." My mom sighed.

"Actually...I'm going back out. Saint begged me to stay with him so I promised I'd come back." I pouted, seeing if my mom would let me go back out.

She stared at me, giving me a look. "Go ahead. I know what it's like to be in the type of relationship your in right now." She smiled. "When I dated your father, we were head over heels in love. Then I found out I was pregnant with your sister and that made our bond even stronger." she said, sitting on the couch and propping her legs up on the coffee table.

"Well, I'll be back down in a minute. I'm going to go take a shower." I announced, leaving her in the living room to watch her show. I walked down the long hallway of my house, finding my room and entering.

I picked out new clothing to wear. Of course picking from my collection of Saints sweaters. I picked out my favorite which was a neon green off white hoodie. Also his favorite. It still smelled like him too. I don't think I was ever going to wash it.

I reached into my dresser, pulling out a pair of black jeans, socks, underwear, and a bra. I set them all on my bed neatly and grabbed a towel.

***
5:00pm
I stood in the women's health aisle of the pharmacy, quietly waiting to make a move. An older woman picking up a box of pads stood behind me with her child in a baby stroller.

I took a deep breath looking at the pregnancy tests and prices that went along with it. They ranged from a dollar to fifteen. Waiting for the lady and her child to leave the aisle, I picked up the test that costed fifteen dollars.

I only picked the expensive one because it would probably read more accurately. Walking to the counter, I looked around making sure no one was watching me.

I put it down on the counter fiddling with my fingers and constantly biting on my tongue. I watched as the store clerk attempted to ring it up but she seemed to be having problems.

"LaShawn!" She called out loud.

I sucked my teeth, feeling my heart rate increase.

"How much do the Clear Blue pregnancy test cost again?" She asked.

"Girl the what?" She yelled back.

"The Clear Blue pregnancy tests!" She yelled. "Ole deaf bitch." She then whispered.

I felt my face turn hot. "They're fifteen dollars!" I huffed, throwing my money on the counter.

"Oh. Okay. You ain't got to get no attitude with me." The clerk snapped, chewing her gum and showing it no mercy.

She gave me back 5 dollars after I gave her my 20 dollar bill. She put it in a bag, handing it to me. I never left a drug store so fast.

I put on the hoodie of the sweater I wore and proceeded to call a cab to Saints.

***
How was it y'all?🥺
Sorry it was short :(
I really wanted to update for y'all cause I haven't in a while. ❤️
Vote💕
Comment💬