A new beginning

"Ahh!" I scream as I wake up in a sweating heap. My hair stuck to my neck in a sticky gross way  and my clothes twisted forming a radiating heat off of it.

"What's wrong!" I hear and look over to see familiar figure in the dark room next to me. The door cracked open and the light illuminating from the hall.

"W-What's going on...?" I say and place a hand over my head. The figure sighs and rolls their eyes.

"You had another nightmare. You must have just had that same nightmare with that weird lady you're always talking about again."

"Huh?" I say and the light flickers on. There stands my roommate Kalla and she grunts. Ever since you came back from that 'vacation' you've been having nightmares." She says and I nod.

I went on vacation for about three months and came back with a concussion after a crazy lady tried to mug me blind. I don't recall what happened in the three months but my heart aches every time I try to remember. Ever since I came back for about three days.

"I'm sorry Kalla I'll try to stop." I say and she nods. She turns to leave and stops right before she spots something on my night stand.

"Hey are you ever going to open up the pouch that the hospital found when they recovered you?" She says and I look at it. Tears are brought to my eyes strangely and I shrug.

"I don't know yet. Every-time I see it I feel like dying." I say and she shrugs.

"Just get some sleep. I'll see you in the morning. Don't forget you have the afternoon shift tomorrow." She says and I nod. She turns off the lights and I lay back down feeling a warm sensation on my back.

...

"She'll be safer this way."

"I can't keep putting her in danger for me."

"I love her more than death itself."

"Watch over her and don't let her remember me."

"You're my only love..."

...

"You ready?" Kalla says and I nod. I place my uniform hat on and smile. I worked at a popular upbeat restaurant that was obsessed with the 80s and 90s. I wore shorts and a baseball jersey unbuttoned with a tank top. I wore a looney toons baseball cap today and hoops. Kalla drives me to the place and drops me off.

"Let's do this!" I say and walk in. The only musical of Micheal Jackson fades as Marilynn Manson starts to scream. The smell of fresh burgers and grease fills my nostrils.

"Hey sugar!" I say and she smiles. She's the only girl who ever works with me.

"Hey beautiful. How'd you sleep?" She says and I groan.

"I had the same nightmare but it was... different." I say and she looks at me curiously.

"How?" She says and I sigh.

"Well the same thing of a mans voice talking to me as his voice gets louder and he appears from the dark. This time I saw his hair but his face was a black canvas. I wake up scared and go back to bed but this time he tells me sweet things." I say and she raises an eyebrow.

"Like...?" She says and I shrug.

"I don't know, something about loving death I think" I say before kids walk in with pockets full of coins.

"Can I change these into tokens?" The little boy says and I smile. He's barely taller than the counter and I smile at his little sisters cuteness. The only I could see over the counter was her curly hair pigtails. I give them tokens and they run off as the little boy holds his sisters hand. My heart aches as I look at them.