Soda pop

Hey guys I'm so sorry for not publishing!!!😖😖

I've been busy with either school or other things. I hope y'all can forgive me and I hope y'all enjoy the chapter!!!❤️❤️

Also don't forget to comment it helps me know what y'all think about the book and what I can do to improve it👌👌👌

"What's this again?" John says and I laugh.

   "It's called Coke. It's a soda." I say as John drinks the glass of Coke down in one go. He takes another bite of his food and finishes it all in a blur. Me and Mikey finish our fries and throw away everything but the burgers. We place them in the paper wrapping it came with and chuckle once we see what we did.

   "Now where are we going." Mikey says as he takes a bite of his burger when we get outside. I take a small bite and cover my mouth speaking.

   "We're heading to a shop." I say and was cut off by John.

   "Once we are done at the shop we do the ritual and I can see sugar right?" He says excitedly and I nod without saying anything. I check the time and see we have about twenty minutes left and the shop is down the street. Me and Mikey finish our food and we all walk down the street to the shop. John was about to open the door but I stopped him.

   "John there's one thing I've been hesitant to tell you." I say and look at him with saddened eyes. He perks an eyebrow and tilts his head.

   "What is it?" He says and I sigh.

   "This shop belongs to Sugar. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to get too excited. Sugar won't recognize you when we go in and you can't act strange around her. Just act like she is a regular person. She already knows you two are angles she just doesn't know you two." I say and Mikey nods. John looks down and grabs the handle tightly before nodding.

   "Okay." He says and opens the door. We walk in the the shop and a cold chill runs down my spine. I sigh and close my eyes.

   "Ok step back I'm about to get her." Back I say and they nod. Both their eyes locked on me as I chant.

   "Impuis... Impuis...Impuis!" I say and a thin cloud of smoke appears on the floor. The rooms air tenses as I open my eyes. The smoke recollects into one area and rises showing a figure. I hear a giggle echo through the room and Impuis appears with a giant smile on her face.

   "Impuis I've missed you!" I say and impuis runs up to me and gives me a big hug before looking me up and down and levitating me so she can spin me around.

   "I see you used one of my boxes. I tried to make it more fitting for you and so you could blend in with humans. Those horns do make it all pull together. Now what can I get you?" She says rambling and drops me back down. I slightly smile and look behind me. I see Mikey looking at us baffled and I look over at John. Johns face looking down and his brows furrowed slightly. His eyes are glowing yellow and hints of blue around the pupils.

   "Oh are these you cousins? They are handsome aren't they?" She says and giggles I turn back around and laugh too at how one of them is her husband.

   "Hey how's Lucier?" I ask and only is sighs. She says me back down and shakes her head.

   "I need theses items that are on my list do you have them?" I say and she nods.

   "Yes I have lots of these. Follow me and I'll show you."She says and I follow. Mikey follows behind and John drags his feet as he follows. My eyes grow wide when I see tear trails on his cheeks. He looks at me and I wipe my cheeks and he does the same. Impuis grabs a basket and puts all the items in the basket before handing them to me. I go to my pouch to get money but she stops me.